• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

91Jmay

International Coach
Plunkett has been absolutely superb, but got to worry about our 6th bowler up against these 2 with Stokes injured.

SeamUp

International Coach
Must admit, never been a Plunkett fan. Best I've seen him bowl. Cross seam has worked for him but it's his accuracy which is normally pretty poor.

91Jmay

International Coach
Must admit, never been a Plunkett fan. Best I've seen him bowl. Cross seam has worked for him but it's his accuracy which is normally pretty poor.
He's been pretty solid for a while. I was one of his biggest critics but he has been solid last 12 months. Since 1st of Jan 2016 he has taken 32 in 18 games @ 5.5 RPO which is decent enough.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Just switched on again after dinner... 182-4. Might stay to the end and see some more reverse swing..

ImpatientLime

International Regular
He's been pretty solid for a while. I was one of his biggest critics but he has been solid last 12 months. Since 1st of Jan 2016 he has taken 32 in 18 games @ 5.5 RPO which is decent enough.
yeah deffo.

he's a strong all round package too. devastating lower order hitter as well as a superbly athletic fielder. a lock imo.

91Jmay

International Coach
yeah deffo.

he's a strong all round package too. devastating lower order hitter as well as a superbly athletic fielder. a lock imo.
Him and Woakes probably only bowling locks. Woakes not special but pretty dependable and a very useful bat. Averaging 26 with blade is very reasonable.

SeamUp

International Coach
yeah deffo.

It seemed like Plunkett v Willey for selection.

It also seems a straight forward pick for you guys and Nasser in the comms. Think Nasser's point is well made.

Niall

International Coach
If I was South African I'd be seething with some of these dismissals, utterly braindead.

SeamUp

International Coach
Woakes, Plunkett and Morris have been the best seamers today and this could sway it in England's favour. 2 v 1 in the bowling department.

What is it with batsman rarely pulling down on the ball anymore ? Just from bottom-up looking for the boundary.

EDIT : The last 3 dismissals for SA have been embarrassing.

Last edited: