• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Atherton just said Lieutenant incorrectly. Gonna hate him for a week now. Works for the Times and kills the word.

Fair point Brumbs misread it a bit there I did.

burr

State Vice-Captain
They've arrived, imo.

The standard of cricket commentary around the world has been going down hill for years. Too many international players jumping straight from the dressing room into commentator's chair, imo. It's hard to find a more biased, fan boy commentator than an ex-player.
Yes, the problem is there is not enough distance between the players and the commentators these days. The latter act like the formers' personal cheerleaders. I also don't like this habit of commentators calling the players by their nick-names. I heard Agnew repeatedly reference the English cricketers as Jimmy, Breso etc. this summer. I was horrified. Not Aggers!