• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why Ntini (South Africa's worst fielder) is at mid-off, it is an important position for the spinner especially considering Australia like to go down town. ****!

Also, anyone know where Captain Smith is?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
It was sort of reminding me of Tendulkar 241 in 04, where he was leaving everything outside off & waiting for the bowlers to come to him.
Not really though. Sachin had a shot which kept getting him in trouble. Hayden just looks past it.
Yea, Sachin hardly played a shot through the off-side in anger until he probably went past 150 to my memory. The most boring double i've ever seen.

His start was very similar to Hayden in which they where just trying to the bowlers come to them. As i said unlike the Ashes 05, Hayden doesnt look like a walking wicket, where his age old weakness of ball swinging into his pads, has brought back any notion that he is being exposed out technically.

That chip drive off Ntini was his only fault before his dismissal. No doubt he isn't in great form ATM & he needs a confident knock in the second innings. But he hasn't reached liability stage.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mortaza actually the leading wicket taker of 2009 with two wickets against Sri Lanka. Katich still leading run scorer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeeze, when was the last time Australia had a batsman at 6 in a test with less than 3 first-class hundreds :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Jeez that was really nasty stuff from Morkel, but good to see McDonald still looking (or atleast trying to look) pretty unruffled about it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez that was really nasty stuff from Morkel, but good to see McDonald still looking (or atleast trying to look) pretty unruffled about it.
Yup, good to see a bit of mongrel from Morkel for a change