• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Australia

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh sorry, I missed that. I saw Rogers and assumed Jaques was out.

I assume Amla was dropped because he finally stayed at the crease for long enough for the selectors to realise his technique is awful and not suited to test cricket. :p
(Even though he actually scored a few..)
No idea why I left Amla out. Mistake, I guess. Nel was dropped on purpose, though.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
No idea why I left Amla out. Mistake, I guess. Nel was dropped on purpose, though.
It would appear you suffer from sux :(

Plus - Rogers is probably the greatest man in the universe ... possibly up there with Langer, Hussey, Martyn, Gilchrist, Hogg, Angel, Julien, Reid, ..... *blah blah*

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It would appear you suffer from sux :(

Plus - Rogers is probably the greatest man in the universe ... possibly up there with Langer, Hussey, Martyn, Gilchrist, Hogg, Angel, Julien, Reid, ..... *blah blah*
I agree with the Rogers bit probably has something to do with the state of his birth. They produce some quality cricketers over their and quality human beings.

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
AUSSIES and SAFFERS announce squads for ODI series

The Australian squad has few surprises, although the inclusion of Hilfenhaus shows Australia's intention to move on from the old period of success, and into a new one. With Lee and Hayden out until at least the 3rd ODI, pending a marvellous recovery, Shaun Tait has been drafted in as a replacement.

AUSTRALIA

Ponting (Capt); Bracken; Clark; Clarke; Gilchrist (Keeper/V-C); Hayden; Hilfenhaus; Hodge; Hogg; Hussey; Johnson; Lee; McGrath; Symonds; White; Tait

South Africa have named some experience with some inexperience, particularly the new-comer Bosman, who can hit a ball! The old stand of Kallis, Smith, Gibbs and Pollock are in there, but are their days numbered as a new order in South African cricket is starting to seep through?

SOUTH AFRICA

Smith (Capt); Kallis; Bosman; Boucher (Keeper); De Villiers; Gibbs; Hall; Kemp; Langeveldt; Nel; Ntini; Peterson; Pollock; Prince (V-C); Telemachus

The 5 match One-Day international series begins on 11th February.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
w3lshrugby, you might want to check the arrangements for the simming pools again. You've been moved to be the leader of another pool, and Goughy and Roberts are in this one now.

Goughy's meant to be simming the ODIs in this series, and picking the South Africa squad.