• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well you would rather be in the Aussie camp right now but SA have given themselves a slight chance. Aussies will want a 400 lead if they can with being a bowler light. Nicely poised for a good finish whatever happens.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I would be tempted to give ponting another test, and I'm sure he'll be retained if Aussies win this test, but here's my team for Perth

Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Pattinson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Lyon

If Watson's not fit, I'd replace him with Khawaja and Starc to replace Pattinson if he's injured.

Justo

U19 Debutant
Ponting isn't going anywhere. If he wasn't dropped after the last Ashes, Sri Lanka in SL, South Africa in SA or the New Zealand tour he's not going to be dropped after these 2 tests. I could see him being told to announce his retirement for the Hobart game or otherwise be dropped. Sri Lanka at home would be a good place to try to bring in new players(or Hughes/Khawaja) but still doubt the selectors will do what is needed.

That said Tahir's no ball wicket seriously gets me every time. Don't see him playing Tests again(cue him taking the remaining 5 wickets tomorrow).

TumTum

Banned
Nah he put a hand to his ear in a "what's that? I can't hear you" way. Safe to say he certainly heard them when the no-ball came up on screen.
Was thinking a pic with captions of that Tahir line and the crowd yelling "NO BALL" :p