• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

uvelocity

International Coach
bit of a ****house day for us yesterday

highlights were loltahir pews tasting and bechmark's maths

wonder if quiney qualifies for the best reverse all rounder career stats

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
@Roz_Kelly: Ricky Ponting will be speaking to Mark Taylor pre play on @wwos9 #ausvrsa

Well, well, well...

Edit: He just spoke to Peter Walsh on ABC - no indication of retirement there.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Right, last 3 morning sessions have resulted in:

Day 1: Aus 3-55 in first 13 overs
Day 2: Aus 4-22 in first 13 overs
Day 3: SA 3-24 in first 13 overs

Hope Hussey and Clarke break the trend

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't Starc a better option than MJ?
Both could play

There's no doubt that at the WACA, MJ is one of the two best options to come in. The problem will be saying "ok you bowled well at the waca but now we're at hobart. **** off".

aussie tragic

International Captain
@Roz_Kelly: Ricky Ponting will be speaking to Mark Taylor pre play on @wwos9 #ausvrsa

Well, well, well...

Edit: He just spoke to Peter Walsh on ABC - no indication of retirement there.
Well, no thought of retirement and he said selectors haven't spoken to him. He will have to be dropped as there is no way he will go on his own terms...

...I also feel there is no way he will score the 50 runs needed in Perth to keep his average above 52, which is a shame as he averaged near 60 in his prime

Ruckus

International Captain
I'm not gonna lie I'd quite like to see Johnson and Starc for Perth. Either way it would be entertaining....either absolute wicket taking carnage or a junk bowling extraordinaire.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why does the caption for Hussey have M. Hussey up, it's not as if Dussey will ever play test cricket, even if he's much better than Quiney. Might as well have I. Bell because K. Bell his bro exists.

Mind you only a mild question, more fascinated by why the JPGA put up blood types.

howardj

International Coach
In normal circumstances, I'd say the Aussies have enough runs now

However, with Pattinson down, and no Watson, we probably need 350 - 400 to feel comfortable

howardj

International Coach
Why does the caption for Hussey have M. Hussey up, it's not as if Dussey will ever play test cricket, even if he's much better than Quiney. Might as well have I. Bell because K. Bell his bro exists.

Mind you only a mild question, more fascinated by why the JPGA put up blood types.
I invented the Mussey / Dussey distinction/abbreviation on this forum

I like to give it exposure when I can

howardj

International Coach
Couldnt believe yesterday when Smith kept Tahir on for five overs when Ponting came in

Got him to 16, and was on the way to playing him in

Situation was screaming out for Morkel and Steyn to bowl in tandem immediately Ponting came to the crease

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couldnt believe yesterday when Smith kept Tahir on for five overs when Ponting came in

Got him to 16, and was on the way to playing him in

Situation was screaming out for Morkel and Steyn to bowl in tandem immediately Ponting came to the crease
He did it in the final test against us too, the only reason it got so close, Smith really seems to have a very strange faith in him.