• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Expecting to see him rev up to the 140s next over.

Oh ffs this is ridiculous. Automate the whole ****ing process, he's probably been bowling those all day without the umpire noticing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You'd really think that with the new rules around checking for no-balls that bowlers would adjust their run-ups. There's been a huge number of over-turned dismissals in the past 12 months.

Or is there a consenus that releasing the ball an extra 6 inches closer to the batsman really makes a difference?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Shut the **** up Taylor it's not difficult not to bowl a no ball
If you're bowling marginal no-balls all day which the umpire isn't calling, then yes it is. There's got to be consistency here, only checking when a wicket falls isn't fair on the bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
god taylor should be banned from talking about this sorta stuff
I actually think he has somewhat of a point in half of what he's saying here.

Technology showed that batsmen were, semi-regularly, being dismissed off no balls. And of course we can't have that, so we've allowed technology to intervene in over-turning those decisions.

But when technology showed that batsmen should be given out lbw far more often than they are, what did we do? We moved the goalposts.

The law-makers seem intent on making the game more and more batsman-orientated. AFAIC, if you get hit in line with even part of off and the ball's going on to hit then you should be on yer way, sonny. No excuses on a pitch like this. If we're going to use technology to apply the law to its finest degree, which I don't really have a problem with, it should go both ways rather than moving the goalposts for batsmen and not bowlers.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Well how the **** are you meant to correct it if the umpire doesn't say anything?
:huh: People on this forum have been saying for what seems like years that the players get too close to the line, the commentators are always talking about it.

You're telling me that modern cricket teams with their entourage and various technical paraphernalia need an umpire to tell them that bowlers are getting close to the line?

hazsa19

International Regular
Bit hard to tell you're bowling a couple of no balls every over if they only bother checking when you take a wicket though. If he'd been called three times in his first over he might've adjusted a bit.
I don't think it's specific to this match. I'm surprised bowling coaches around the world aren't making it a priority for their bowlers to be well behind the line.