• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

shankar

International Debutant
****! Siddhu has probably done his final appearnce on the show! was ridiculing the poor English gentleman that his team is now back in England, and he doesn't have any hair on his head...

Chappelli says, "Mate, guess you're too early into your guiness tonight"

:laugh: :wacko:
:laugh: That was utterly ridiculous... How do you continue discussing with him after that?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Congratulations India! You guys thoroughly deserved the win. You have now set yourself up to win the WC at home. If you do, I can imagine the glorious celebrations that will follow. :)

As for Pakistan: They’re not allowed to play at home and hence have no home field advantage. They had the hosting rights for the WC taken away from them. Their 2 best bowlers and former Captain have been suspended for spot fixing. Yet they fought and clawed all the way to the Semi Final. Team Pakistan: thanks for fighting hard and making us proud!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Either Munaf or Nehra should be dropped for AshWIN in the final regardless of today's efforts. Too much to expect Nehra/Patel to get it right for 2 games in a row. We need a proper spinner against Sri Lanka and Yuvraj will just get whooped in the final if he bowls too much. Would also play Yusuf Pathan instead of Kohli(sorry Jono:() since SL are likely to play 3 spinners, Pathan can really lay into the spinners and would be the trump card in the game for us.
Nehra may have been excellent at the death, but it was Munaf that first turned the momentum our way. Nehra to make way, but what an effort from him.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Didn't move an inch while the game was on. Its heartening to see the bowlers delivering. And its always special to beat Pakistan that too in such an important game :). People are going crazy here. Crackers all over, lap of honor with the flag. Amazing feeling.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Congratulations India! You guys thoroughly deserved the win. You have now set yourself up to win the WC at home. If you do, I can imagine the glorious celebrations that will follow. :)

As for Pakistan: They’re not allowed to play at home and hence have no home field advantage. They had the hosting rights for the WC taken away from them. Their 2 best bowlers and former Captain have been suspended for spot fixing. Yet they fought and clawed all the way to the Semi Final. Team Pakistan: thanks for fighting hard and making us proud!
Indeed. Worthy of being champions. So many sides were in with a shout to be champions in this WC. Best WC ever afaic.(well at least after 1983 anyway:p)

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Funny you put this here, I have had quite a few stella's today. My friend who is a surgeon was taking them down as soon as the bar opened!
Haha what a legend! you cant go wrong with some of the finest ale mate! sure we be sinking a few for winning but surely a few for the losers will give them the lift they needed.

Azhar Mahmood was reduced to tears in the London studio Nick Knight had to comfort him!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Why do I never have a beer in hand when a team I am supporting wins? Today could have been the day but damn my friend had to fall sick and cancel everything.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why do I never have a beer in hand when a team I am supporting wins? Today could have been the day but damn my friend had to fall sick and cancel everything.
That would have been my situation today, lucky my friend was able to take time off too. Everyone else was far away. I am glad for once I was having beers, just a shame I didn't start when Viru took Gul to the cleaners, was a little early in the morning :unsure:

Bun

Banned
I made a trade off with almighty and kept myself off the booze. And I will be at my old folks' for the final, which means it will be an enforced abstinence. Worth it I reckon.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Haha what a legend! you cant go wrong with some of the finest ale mate! sure we be sinking a few for winning but surely a few for the losers will give them the lift they needed.

Azhar Mahmood was reduced to tears in the London studio Nick Knight had to comfort him!
I heard about him crying. Quite ridiculous, surely he knew Pakistan were never really in the running? You wouldn't see Gavasker crying like a little girl, maybe he would be angry :ph34r:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
That would have been my situation today, lucky my friend was able to take time off too. Everyone else was far away. I am glad for once I was having beers, just a shame I didn't start when Viru took Gul to the cleaners, was a little early in the morning :unsure:
That was the time to start drinking mate a bit of fizz never hurt mate

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
At least we will get some proper pitches in Australia for the next WC, and no Tendulkar :p
Looks like you're pretty hurt at being outclassed. These conditions were advantageous to Pak team as were very similar to home. Anyway both teams played on this pitch, India would have won chasing too like how they beat Aus.

Maybe no Tendulkar but there are plenty of class Indian batsmen waiting, just not enough spots :laugh: