• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been very busy today as I am very important but I am very happy with how proceedings are unfolding.

Did Oz throw their wickets away this morning or did we get our tails up at last? Really feels like a wasted opportunity for Oz to really grind us into the dirt having previously done all the hard work

halba

International 12th Man
Starc is terrible
Green passenger - can't bat and can't bowl (captain Not even confident in bowling him)

Aus lucky to win another test this series. Hazlewood is done also

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Been very busy today as I am very important but I am very happy with how proceedings are unfolding.

Did Oz throw their wickets away this morning or did we get our tails up at last? Really feels like a wasted opportunity for Oz to really grind us into the dirt having previously done all the hard work
Is this one of those two truths one lie things people do on dating sites?

Spark

Global Moderator
It's genuinely astonishing that Starc was picked. He has shown absolutely zero in the last six months to suggest that what has happened here today wouldn't happen.

A few good balls up front but mostly it was just our tail doing what it does. There's a reason why I was never really saying we should push for, like, 500; once England broke through to the tail with the new rock it was always going to end quickly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's genuinely astonishing that Starc was picked. He has shown absolutely zero in the last six months to suggest that what has happened here today wouldn't happen.

A few good balls up front but mostly it was just our tail doing what it does. There's a reason why I was never really saying we should push for, like, 500; once England broke through to the tail with the new rock it was always going to end quickly.
500 should definitely have been the goal imo. With Smith looking how he was, if he hadn't just suddenly decided to slap one to gully out of nowhere 500+ would have definitely been a realistic prospect.

halba

International 12th Man

I also was surprised. They got Ness in the nets and completely wasted him by not being part of the squad. They selected Starc, despite him being average in the nets and the practice wicket. Isn't it obvious when he has been bowling poorly?

halba

International 12th Man
If you are an Aussie supporter this test is a write off. You have to wait for the eng declaration circa 600 runs this innings. Aussie bowlers won't take ten wickets in any innings this test. They might take only 2-3 max in a day.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was yesterday evening where they really chucked it away. Why didn't Lyon just hit a short ball straight to a fielder last Tuesday. Seems to be his standard thing.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Stokes should declare with 60-80 BEHIND, Aussies will struggle to think what they need to do in the 2nd innings and be caught in two minds. Anderson will swing the ball more and it will be easier.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc is just a left arm Brett Lee and no one's going to convince me otherwise. Amazes me he somehow always manages to maintain that ~27 average.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Starc is just a left arm Brett Lee and no one's going to convince me otherwise. Amazes me he somehow always manages to maintain that ~27 average.
starc doesn't have MUH HEART like lee did

i mean people actually he think he played well in that 2005 series when he was one of the key reasons australia lost