• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Contract Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
CW Black captain Dan Smith is currently blind at the Illawarra Hotel, but if any players would like to approach the club, please add me on MSN at nnanden_6 OR nath_patrick @ hotmail dot com

Bobisback

International Regular
CW Black captain Dan Smith is currently blind at the Illawarra Hotel, but if any players would like to approach the club, please add me on MSN at nnanden_6 OR nath_patrick @ hotmail dot com
Should just give them Smith's number, they can discuss the contract over mobile.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the protocol for releasing players from a contract? What is the penalty?
No penalty if it's a mutual termination, ie the player and club agree to the termination. If the player does not agree, the club suffers a 15-point FC penalty and 5-point penalty in OD.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I'd like all out of contract Blue's to send us an email at skankinpat at hotmail dot com of their intentions and i'll reply with my thoughts so we can hopefully come to a quick agreement.

This includes the following:

M Shah - D [CW Blue incumbent]
RG Dunn - D [CW Blue incumbent]
L Tyson - C [CW Blue incumbent]
S Young - B [CW Blue incumbent]
BJ Taylor - C [CW Blue incumbent]
G Sriram - B [CW Blue incumbent]
LA Howgate - E [CW Blue incumbent]

Bummer to lose Thamba.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
On top of that, if any of the currently out of contract players have any wish of playing for CW Blue, drop us an email as well.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No penalty if it's a mutual termination, ie the player and club agree to the termination. If the player does not agree, the club suffers a 15-point FC penalty and 5-point penalty in OD.
What in the case of people who have disappeared off the face of the earth like Pares?

Mr Mxyzptlk

What in the case of people who have disappeared off the face of the earth like Pares?
Well unless you can get them back onto the face of the earth, that player is due to be named inactive before the start of the season. The club may appeal to the board to have the contract canceled on grounds of inactivity.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well unless you can get them back onto the face of the earth, that player is due to be named inactive before the start of the season. The club may appeal to the board to have the contract canceled on grounds of inactivity.
Would like to appeal for Malthus and Pares contracts to be terminated on the grounds of inactivity, tbh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Or, failing that, please mention your interest here. :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mitchell's captain now not Garven so Mitchell will have to be more expensive and I'll offer him a contract no matter what it is, since he's the skipper. And Corrin's not around. He'll deal with Mamesh and the Green incumbents since that's his duty.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
CW Black are particularly interested in signing -

NG Scott
MT Mitchell
JE Stedman
JP McNamara
CP Raftery
NA Borcich

As aforementioned, please state your interest here or on MSN.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
CW Red offer Jamee Gray a two-year contract.

CW Red offer Matt Luff a three-year contract, with a clause noting that the contract will be mutually terminated should the player fail to play three FC games in a season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Green and Rose.

Black and Smitteh, Borcs, M00phy's blessing, etc.

Hardly a decision imho. (face)

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Black Contract Offers -

NG Scott - 2 Years
MT Mitchell - 2 Years
Can't do that unless the players have passed on CW Green. But if Mitchell expressed an interest in CW Black, it's effectively a rejection of CW Green, as he is the incumbent CW Green captain.