• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Contract Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dan's stick together.

Shame you're a Kiwi living in England, though. Don't think you could do anything more for me to not like you. Possibly being the other way around.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
...as if this was the case, you would have just said "4 centrally contracted players" rather than "3 central, 1 secondary" as is mentioned in the rules.
Nein. It means that of 4 players, you can have a maximum of 3 primary contracts. If you have more than 4, you may have more than 3 primaries in that bunch. Again, intended implication, which, given the way clubs signed players last season, seems like it was universally understood.

Loony BoB

International Captain
That's pretty much what I was saying. The only thing that I disagree about is that Smith was incorrect in saying that Chaulk is the option. If Stedman was the option, then if he was removed the other four would be okay. Since they're all primaries, I believe, that isn't the case. So the option would have to be one of the primaries. So when you said he was incorrect then I made my post.

Although I did note that I agree that you were right in it not really mattering since it doesn't make a difference. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All I was saying, initially at least, is that it hardly matters who is listed as the option. 5 points = 5 points. If they traded away a CW XI contracted player, the 5 points would disappear regardless of who was traded. The 3:1 was really only relevant for last season, with all players technically free agents. It was to ensure a fairly equal share of the best players in the league and to guide teams (somewhat) as to manage their funds. But this season it's not particularly pertinent, seeing as all the players in question are already committed to a club, regardless of the CWBCC's contract selections.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Batsman Aseem Sharma, who scored four fifties in Cricket Web Red's successful first-class season last year, has been offered a two-year extension of his rookie contract with the Red Army. Captain Håkon Mørk jr. was scarce with comments to the press, but noted that "Sharma is a talented player and will challenge for a spot in both lineups next season. As a rookie and a D-rated player, he can not expect to play every game, but will certainly be given a fair chance to develop further at the club."
All the best Aseem! :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Looks forward to sign a 2 yr deal with RED. Love playing with REDS. Hope I get an offer like Amir and Aseem

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Excellent to see a bucketload of activity. Huge promise for the season. Black vs Blue rivalry to boot.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Future Superstar Signs

In the midst of a chaotic press conference, where 3 men were jailed and 2 others injured, superstar rookie batsman Ashley Arnold who make over 1500 runs last season, penned a 3 year deal with the side that gave him his chance last season.

"He's a great addition, and a great player to open the batting with. Has a terrible B.O. problem though. Wish he'd not hug me when he gets to 100." Dan Smith commented.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Glad to have signed long term future to black, great set of lads, guess ill need some anti-perspirant on tour next season eh lads?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Two More Sign With Colts

Cricketweb Colts have announced the further signing of two more players as they continue to build their squad for the coming season.

David Pares has been offered a two year contract, while Colt Sophomore William Kerr has been offered a five year contract.

Both players are expected to confirm their acceptance of contracts in the coming days.

davidpares

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cricketweb Colts have announced the further signing of two more players as they continue to build their squad for the coming season.

David Pares has been offered a two year contract, while Colt Sophomore William Kerr has been offered a five year contract.

Both players are expected to confirm their acceptance of contracts in the coming days.
safe. Mr David Pares is very happy to accept this fantastic oppurtunity, i hope i can prove to colts that i am an excellent investment.