• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Contract Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW Blue (Squad #: 10)
LA Camps (c) [cc 4 seasons/5 points]
SE Fuller [4/5]
AAA Collins [4/4]
T Mamesh [cc 1/5]
PE Young [4/5]
RG Dunn [1/1]
TJ Demeza [cc 4/4]
AJ Crampton [cc 2/4]
MW DeSilva [4/4]
RGEWS Cribb [2/3]
R Williams [2/1]

CW Black (Squad #: 16)
DP Smith (c) [4/5]
NS Pickup [cc 4/5]
ZE Gelman [3/3]
KJ Gough [cc 2/3]
DP Richards [4/4]
AP Cloete [cc 2/5]
AP Chaulk [cc 3/5]
BC Donald [1/1]
Kexing Su [1/2]
JE Stedman [sc opt 1/9]
NL Patrick [2/4]
NA Borcich [1/3]
GM Roberts [1/1]
AJ Blackman [4/4]
HT Davis [2/1]
GAJ Armstrong [2/3]
AR Arnold [3/4]

CW Green (Squad #: 13)
AJ Garven (c) [4/5]
TC Halsey [cc 4/5]
PG Gundry [4/3]
MT Mitchell [1/2]
AA Cameron [4/3]
DY Dubb-Lynch [4/4]
BC Cunningham [4/4]
XPA Rose [sc 4/4]
NG Scott [1/3]
A Lezama [4/4]
EAP McNamara [2/1]
JNE Forner [2/1]
M Corrin [5/4]
BS Read [2/3]

CW Colts (Squad #: 16)
KS Wright (c) [4/5]
GM Thomas [sc 4/4]
JP McNamara [1/3]
TV Weber [4/3]
DP Towns [4/4]
AS Das [2/3]
MW Wilson [cc 3/5]
S Jasotharan [sc 4/4]
CR Butler [cc 2/5]
JB Malthus [2/3]
NR Hancock [2/4]
T Bochat [2/1]
DK Rai [5/3]
J Griffen [2/1]
DW Pares [2/1]
WA Kerr [5/3]

CW Red (Squad #: 15)
Håkon Mørk (c) [cc 3/5]
JR Gray [1/3]
DM Kennett [cc 2/5]
DA Kearsley [3/5]
SA Bennett [2/4]
KR Clapham [sc 1/1]
M Reddlapalli [1/3]
CR Dwyer [2/3]
GN Nayak [1/1]
MD Luff [1/3]
DJ Watt [cc 4/5]
RJ Dauth [cc opt 4/10]
GKK Dobson [1/3]
A Sharma [2/2]
SV Raghav [2/1]

Sophomores:
JP May-Quinlan (yet to sign in) [first option Blue]
J Ullungura (yet to sign in) [first option Blue]
RF Bowen [first option Blue]
CR McMeekin (yet to sign in) [first option Black]
AK Syed (yet to sign in) [first option Black]
BB Fox (yet to sign in) [first option Black]
DD Hogarth (yet to sign in) [first option Green]
DG Speirs [first option Green]
M Gaukroger (yet to sign in) [first option Green]
Manan Shah (yet to sign in) [first option Colts]
MR Hopgood (yet to sign in) [first option Colts]
DW Pares [first option Colts]
MU Amir [first option Red]
ZJ Ritchie [first option Red]

Players out of contract:
none

Yet-to-Sign-In Contracts:
BL Wilshere [1/4] [Blue]
GS Gooljar [2/1] [Blue]
CP Thompson [1/4] [Red]

Retired/Banned:
MJ Currie [2/3] [Blue]
CD McKern [1/2] [Blue]
BJ Goff [4/5] [Blue]
RJ Malone [4/4] [Green]
JD Rodgie [4/3] [Green]
P Bharat [2/3] [Colts]
MJ Robbins [4/4] [Red]

Total Team Funds

Totals:

CW Black - 68
CW Red - 67
CW Blue - 66
CW Green - 66
CW Colts - 66

Remaining funds:

CW Blue - 25 (66 - 41)
CW Green - 20 (66 - 46)
CW Colts - 15 (66 - 51)
CW Red - 13 (67 - 54)
CW Black - 6 (68 - 62)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Very close to minimum goals being met, in terms of squad numbers, so rookies will be signed shortly.

Josh

International Regular
From the office of esteemed sports manager Ben Dover:

My client, Mr Forner, is delighted to be reinstated at the CW Green team. Whilst he is unable to accept the contract in person, I am more than happy to pass on the acceptance for me. My client is currently, as most of you know, continuing his off season commitments in California, as well as sampling some of the fine local women, Hank Moody style, so is generally unavailable for comment.

However, he does ensure me that he is ecstatic to be continuing his career with the Greenies and strives to drive the club forward into the future.

Thank you.

Loony BoB

International Captain
How are there only three contracted players yet to sign in? I thought there were something like twenty.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Stedman isn't the optional, we're allowed one secondary. Chaulk is the optional.
It really...does not matter...
The rule applies to a maximum of 4 CW XI centrally contracted players. That's whether classified as primary(-central) contract or secondary. CW Black has 5 centrally contracted players. Simple as.

Don't be a pedant, Smith.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The rule applies to a maximum of 4 CW XI centrally contracted players. That's whether classified as primary(-central) contract or secondary. CW Black has 5 centrally contracted players. Simple as.

So does Red TBF and Clapham doesn't have five extra points listed next him.

EDIT: don't worry Dauth does.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

I wasn't being a pedant, I was being correct. Wasn't in any bad nature anyway, was just pointing it out. Don't have to be a dick.

Sounds like Borcich wants out of Black.
Good luck giving me something that I'll let him go for.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I wasn't being a pedant, I was being correct. Wasn't in any bad nature anyway, was just pointing it out. Don't have to be a dick.
Whoa. The pedant comment was tongue-in-cheek. No need to bring genuine insults into this. Apologies if you were insulted.

And no, your statement was incorrect, because centrally contracted players in the contract specifications refers to all CW XI contracted players. Of course, that wasn't clarified entirely, but it still stands.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And no, your statement was incorrect, because centrally contracted players in the contract specifications refers to all CW XI contracted players. Of course, that wasn't clarified entirely, but it still stands.
According to point 3 of the contract specifications set out at the start of last season, I am correct.

Point 3 clearly states that the 5 point penalty is for centrally contracted players, and earlier in the paragraph clearly states a difference between central and secondary contracts. (this has been bolded)

3. Each club may sign a maximum of 4 contracted players (3 central, 1 secondary) BUT also has the option of buying an option to sign another centrally contracted player. This option would see the club pay 5 points to be able to sign the player. Note that the club would be paying the 5-point fee to get the option, but then has to pay the actual signing fee (eg. to sign Mr. A, the cost would be 10 points in total).
Now you can argue that's not how you intended it, but that's how you stated it and I wasn't wrong to assume that. I'm allowed 3 central and 1 secondary without penalty, I only have one secondary, and 4 central, so the penalty is obviously the fourth centrally contracted player.

This of course has no bearing on anything, but I've had a ****ty last couple of days and feel like arguing semantics. Might go argue that Hayden > Knight with Richard in CC.

Don't want him.
Was a general statement, not just directed at you.

pasag

RTDAS
Promising young batsman Gerard Armstrong has signed back on to the Black squad, inking a new 2 year deal. When quizzed on his likely batting position, Armstrong answered with a concise "Your mother", before cracking the reporter in the side of the face with a half full tin of cashews.

Police have confirmed that no charges were laid.
Yessss.

Mr Mxyzptlk

According to point 3 of the contract specifications set out at the start of last season, I am correct.

Point 3 clearly states that the 5 point penalty is for centrally contracted players, and earlier in the paragraph clearly states a difference between central and secondary contracts. (this has been bolded)
Meaning that you can have a maximum of 4 centrally contracted players, which, as I just clarified, refers to all CW XI contracted players. It referred to it then and it refers to it now. As I said, it wasn't clarified properly then.

Now you can argue that's not how you intended it, but that's how you stated it and I wasn't wrong to assume that. I'm allowed 3 central and 1 secondary without penalty, I only have one secondary, and 4 central, so the penalty is obviously the fourth centrally contracted player.
And at the core of the matter, any team with more than 4 CW XI contracted players - whether the 5th is a primary or secondary contracted - has to pay the fee for it. Thus, it doesn't matter which player is deemed at the surplus. 5 points is 5 points is 5 points equals 5 points.

Gee, gosh, golly, Smith. It'd sure be swell if we could be pals again.:unsure:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Have to say, going by the "3 centrally, 1 secondary" bit it does indeed seem that it means "3 either primary or secondary, 1 secondary only" which would mean...

4 Primary = 5 point penalty for the 4th primary.
3 Primary, 1 Secondary = No penalty.
2 Primary, 2 Secondary = No penalty.

4 Primary, 1 Secondary = 5 point penalty for the 4th primary.
3 Primary, 2 Secondary = 5 point penalty for the 2nd secondary or the 3rd primary.

So Liam is right in that it doesn't make a difference who he puts down the penalty towards in the case of CW Black, but Smith is right in how he views the rules all the same, as it shouldn't mean "any four centrally contracted players are okay" but rather "any three centrally contracted players and one secondary contracted player". You can't argue that...
Liam said:
Meaning that you can have a maximum of 4 centrally contracted players, which, as I just clarified, refers to all CW XI contracted players.
...as if this was the case, you would have just said "4 centrally contracted players" rather than "3 central, 1 secondary" as is mentioned in the rules.

Last edited: