• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Yikes, that was a monster from Thamba and Pete, stuff guys, especially Pete with his century in the first as well, amazing. Without that partnership being so huge,t hat collapse probably really would have cost us bad, but luckily they gave us enough runs so that it was almost impossible to lose in the end.

Last edited:

DCC_legend

International Regular
Good Stuff from the greens in the ODs since ive been away, Really need to pick up the form in the FC games though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WoW! That was fantastic. Although I'm disapointed we weren't good enough to get a win, to deny Black a win was an amazing effort.

Thomas is something else. Fantastic effort from him and Simon is on fire with the bat.

On a personal note, I thought I was finally hitting some form, so I'm disapointed with that effort.

Cloete

International Captain
Disappointing draw. We've been on top in the last two draws and just can't put the last few nails into the coffin. One or two more breakthroughs and we had that game.

Worst decision for man of the match though. Had to be one of Smith (top effort mate, well done to Chaulk and Markus too), Thomas or Borcich (Good match where the bowler's had very little to work with). Donald also did well under a fair amount of pressure.

Pleasing to hit some runs, but it would have been alot better to hit some runs in a Black win.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Most excellent win for Blues.

Stoked with two 5'fers in a high scoring match. Unreal innings by Thamba, and Pete's two knocks set up the win, really. :)

Excellent.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tough match for Colts. Black outplayed us for thre quarters of the match. Pleased with a draw but, naturally, I hope we can notch up a convincing win in our next match.

Also, happy with the 9'fer. I reckon Smith declared just to spite me.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
I see the squash ball works. :D

Nice to finally score some runs this season, hopefully it continues. The bowling is starting to come together and if me and Pete keep scoring runs at the top, i can't see us losing many more games this season. Time for back end of year Blues charge.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic win.

My batting form at number 6 has been horrific, in both forms. No idea what I can do at this point. At least I'm taking some wickets.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Liam, in future, instead of having the 5 main bowlers bowl 30+ overs each could you throw it to Markus or Arnold or even Me and Cloete. I'm pretty sure I had that down in my original bowling tactics as something to do when things like that are occuring.

No biggies, but yeah.

oz_fan

International Regular
Disappointing not to win that match. Fairly happy with my bowling but I could have contributed more with the bat.

PY

International Coach
Pretty happy with that last game, more so for the win but the century in each innings was obviously very pleasing personally.

We really need to push on Blues as those tables don't make happy reading for our faithful. :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Our disappointing FC form continues :(

We are like England in reverse.

And once again, I am sick and tired of getting out to Sean Fuller!