• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Bad luck Blues. We batted pretty poorly in the second innings, but our bowling seems to be doing ok.

Good to see that I hit 100 runs altogether (64 and 36). At a good pace too; just 308 balls faced! :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good win there boys, on the right track now. Very pleased with my first innings bowling there, and my 7 not out. Bit annoyed at going wicketless the second time around, although it didn't seem to matter with Weber playing so well. Good batting from Scott too, in both innings.

Dydl

International Debutant
ash chaulk said:
Hancock had my number but i hope hes lost it..... im really liking opening the batting but sorry dubba lyncha i musta got here earlier and put the keeping pads on not realising your so modest not to tell me tho lol...

note* i believe your keeping next game hopefully the selectors remember
I was supposed to be keeping this game, but I don't really mind, it's the team performance that really matters!

PY

International Coach
Bear in mind the people who have to read every post out loud to understand it.

My screen is covered in spittle.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, poor Blues! So close to a victory, but not to be. Plenty of positives there though, great debut for Smith, and all the bowlers contributed at some point. Second innings batting not fantastic ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dropped a catch, and then I caught out a guy who was dropped by just about everybody else. Decent knock in the second dig, glad we won the match. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Quality team cricket saw Cricket Web Blue take a victory heading into the season, breaking a run of three consecutive warmup defeats. Young, DeSilva, Fuller and Crampton all got scores, and the Blues chased a total of 265 for a comfortable victory.

Blackman won the toss and batted first in decent conditions. Callum Thompson started slow, but played well over the course of his innings and finished unbeaten on 94. Blackman was the man who added impetus to the charge though, and scored his half-century at better than a run-a-ball.

Sharp bowling from Patrick and Fuller at the end of the innings was telling, and Black could only reach 264 despite losing just 2 wickets.

CW Black 264/2 (50 overs)
CW Blue 265/3 (46.4 overs)
CW Blue won by 7 wickets

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

James Stedman delighted the home fans with an unbeaten century, as he partnered with Dobson and the in-form Dauth to overhaul the CW Colts' 263/5. After Stedman and Dobson put Red in charge with a partnership of 140 for the third wicket, Dauth dominated an unbroken stand of 63, as his cameo brought a quick finish to the game.

Earlier, Shan Jasotharan continued his blazing form with a century at the top of the innings. Towns contributed solidly otherwise, but Stephen Burke was required to inject adrenaline into the performance and justify properly the efforts of Jasotharan. He struck 3 huge sixes and 4 fours, and reached his half-century from just 33 balls in front of a delighted crowd.

Fensone played a brief cameo at the end, but the CW Colts' effort ultimately came up short.

CW Colts 263/5 (50 overs)
CW Red 264/3 (43.5 overs)
CW Red won by 7 wickets

Cricket Web Green vs Bangladesh XI
at the PDV Dome

A capacity crowd was left stunned at the performance of Cricket Web Green, as they managed to pile up 338 runs en route to a comprehensive 124-run win over Bangladesh. Rob Malone was at his epic best, and stood unbeaten on 170 out of the massive total.

Malone's opening partner, Garven started cautiously, but eventually got his timing and rhythm and didn't look back until he dragged an Ashraful delivery onto his stumps short of a quickfire 94. Left in awe of the opening stand of 214, Singh and Scott made useful contributions, but Bharanidharan's was more significant in pushing on the very end with a wonderful cameo.

Bangladesh got off to a flying start in chasing, but Andy Cameron removed Javed Omar's offstump with a slower delivery and the innings shifted back into context. Rob Malone bowled well to grab 3 wickets, but it was Paddy Gundry's tight 3-wicket haul that truly frustrated the Bangladeshis.

CW Green 338/3 (50 overs)
Bangladesh XI 214/8 (50 overs)
CW Green won by 124 runs

Attachments

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good efforts there from Gundry, Garven, and especially Malone-- 3 wickets and 170* :-O

Am not too happy with my 1/36, was a bit expensive, but at least I picked up a wicket.

Chubb

International Regular
Shame to lose after having such good results before. Bit of a nothing game from a personal standpoint, although hitting a six must have been good... And my bowling wasn't too hot either.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a shame we didnt make more runs, its a bit of a crime to make only 264 and finish only 2 wickets down...