• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

cbuts

International Debutant
haha the good old filter. sorry boys ill try to bring some form to the team next time

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely thrilled at the batting of Alex Crampton. It took a couple of seasons, but it's finally coming good. Great stuff from Nath too. Just about everyone contributed at some stage, making that a very pleasing win.

Blue on a roll now.

EDIT: Congrats to Daniel on a fine century. Also, Mike Wilson looks to finally be rediscovering his verve with the bat.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thomas really should be pushing for representative cricket in the future when you look at the awesome career record he's building in FC.

Great to get a few runs, highest score ever in FC cricket methinks. Bad luck guys, the middle two innings of the match cost us.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Blacks on a roll. Keep it up. I keep getting starts :( Have to convert some of them soon. Well batted Smithy. Great addition to the Black outfit. Willo and Pickup nick to see some form. Everyone seemed to enjoy wickets at some stage so well done bowlers.

6 Starts in the 1st dig and no half tons. dissapointing but its somethnig we can work on. Keep it goin boys.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Liam, ive got myself down as having 3995 runs is that correct?

Hopefully i can bring up my 4000th in my next match. If i havnt already and just made a mistake in the stats :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What a victory! Haha, very glad to perform well against the Colts, who always seem to have it over us. Great batting by Pete, Liam, Goff, Andy, Sean and Alex. It`s that sort of team-work, building up partnerships that will see us win matches. Ecstatic with my 6-for against my bogey team, good to match it with Thomas. :laugh: Also great to score some runs and take a catch, couldn`t have done much better from my point of view. Glad to help with a team victory, let`s keep it up. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Re: Inactivity

The following players have been declared inactive:

PR Sajith (CW Green)
CL Kalmar (CW Green)
SC Popat (CW Green)
S Jones (CW Black)
GS Gooljar (CW Black)*
Ouch, looks like the loaning thing might be called into play here - unless the captains can get together and agree that rather from having 18-18-18-16-15, it's made an equal 17 across the board?

Bobisback

International Regular
If you need people to move i would be happy to go from Red to Green or Black, just to even things up

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Colts
at PDV Dome

The Blues, who began their batting order with four former Test players and continued with an A team captain, feasted on Colts' bowling on the first day. However, though run rates were high, wickets fell steadily, and Liam Camps' 76 was the highest score of the day. Arguably the greatest performance came from Greg Thomas, who recovered from an opening spell of 5-0-29-0 to put in two late spells worth 11.2-2-45-6. In the shade of a rare batting failure from Dylan Jellett, Alex Crampton smacked two sixes, and his 62 not out was the second highest total.

Three half-centuries followed, but the Colts seemed unwilling to convert them into bigger stuff. Gary Nayak was first to reach fifty despite coming in at three - he took 52 balls to do so, and was bowled by Fuller shortly afterwards. A few over afterwards, Matt Pitt suffered the same fate, while Shan Jasotharan took only 28 balls for his half-ton - and then top edged Patrick for 51. After lunch, Nath Patrick cleared up to end with six for 61, and the Colts total of 214 did not sound impressive - until you heard it had been achieved in 47.2 overs.

Resuming with a lead of 82, Blue started positively - before Thomas drove over them. His opening spell of 5-0-15-2 before tea sent Camps and Goff back in the pavilion, and the Colts right back in the game. After that, however, Young and Cloete ran the show for a bit, with boundaries abounding as they both notched up half-centuries - however, once again, the Colts came back, with spinners McNamara and Rai inducing catches with tempting, widish lines. However, the Blues stuck to their task of getting runs, and with Alex Crampton recording his second unbeaten fifty for a match total of 140 runs, Thomas' 4 for 95 helped little, and they were set a daunting target of 407.

With two wickets down in the first six overs, things looked very, very difficult for the Colts, and after Halsey had taken two wickets either side of stumps on day three they were 191 for 8. To their credit, they never gave up believing, with Jack McNamara batting creditably to reach 43 with a 64-run last-wicket partnership, and Greg Thomas fighting off the new ball admirably. Daniel Towns reached his century, a marathon effort involving eight partnerships, but, in a cruel twist of fate, he edged to Nath Patrick at fourth slip and was out for 103. Thomas, the brave number 11, was left standing on 20 not out, and the Blues could breathe and celebrate a 106-run win.

Cricket Web Blue 296 all out
Cricket Web Colts 214 all out
Cricket Web Blue 323 all out
Cricket Web Colts 299 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 106 runs
Man of the Match: Alex Crampton
Ye Gods. Good old Tom and BoB holding it together, though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Ouch, looks like the loaning thing might be called into play here - unless the captains can get together and agree that rather from having 18-18-18-16-15, it's made an equal 17 across the board?
Liam, do we have home ODIs or Tests this season?

What if: Chaulk, Butler, Wilson, Hoy, Thompson, Kearsley and Pickup get called up again? Then I have nine players...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I didnt think there was anymore internationals until the World Cup. And that it was after the seasons end?

But i could be 100% rong there lol.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
I didnt think there was anymore internationals until the World Cup. And that it was after the seasons end?

But i could be 100% rong there lol.
I seem to remember Liam mentioning that there was to be a home ODI only series this season. Don’t quote me thou :p.