• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Woo! 2MOTM in a row, welcome back good form! And I hope we win a lot more matches

C'MON COLTS!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very strong all-round team effort there, with Young and Collins putting in huge performances, and Clancroft showing big potential for the future as well.

Thrilled to finally get it together with the bat personally, and I was fairly happy with my bowling as well. Nice to get a win on the board, and hopefully it will be a sign of things to come.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great win again Colts. Jaso with the Midas touch ATM. Good to get some poles again, starting to run into some form, me thinks...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Jaso on fire and our Captain ripping them up, nicely supported by Jack :)

Good to see Nayak and Towns getting back into a bit of form...

Last edited:

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I'm happy with my pre season batting, bowling aint good 4 overs for 29.

Carn the blacks...

I feel like an American sportsman, changing teams every couple of seasons... :)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
While I do make runs at the top of the order, looking pretty shaky early on. Would love a middle order spot in the 5D game.

Disappointing loss though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty shocking bowling from me there, taking one wicket from 42 overs. Very impressed with my 3* and 21, though.

Pity about the loss though Greens, 461 wasn't that much of a big score to be looking up at in the first innings, and plenty of the batsmen made starts but just couldn't convert. Back to the nets I guess.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Pretty shocking bowling from me there, taking one wicket from 42 overs. Very impressed with my 3* and 21, though.

Pity about the loss though Greens, 461 wasn't that much of a big score to be looking up at in the first innings, and plenty of the batsmen made starts but just couldn't convert. Back to the nets I guess.

tahts the key buddy not enough conversions from the batsmen getting starts...myself included..........

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fuller, Young, Adz, Clancroft... all brilliant. Hopefully that`s the win to kick-start our season, keep it up fellas.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well hopefully i have found a little form now - Hopefully Rob and Megan can get some more runs soon too.

The bowling was a little dissapointing - Mitchell was really the only bloke to have much impact at all.

The signs of us coming into form are there, we have to keep working very hard at our games though - the results will come.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Much of the same from Cricket Web Blue, as the return of Andrew Cloete did little to inspire an improved showing and nothing to inspire victory. The Reds piled on 409 runs in the first innings and made the total stand in a comfortable 7-wicket win.

Rob Dauth, Marc Robbins and James Stedman scored half-centuries after Thamba Mamesh's pleasant 48, and the Blue bowlers generally found life difficult, especially debutant Clancroft. In stark contrast, the Red front-line seamers shared 8 wickets and dismissed CW Blue for a paltry 181. Robert Cribb topscored with a fighting 40, but it was not nearly enough and the Blues followed on.

The second time around featured some improvement, but a collapse from 113/2 to 136/5 threatened an innings defeat. Dylan Jellett was in good form again, however, and counterattacked superbly only to fall short of his second consecutive FC ton. David Kennett ended with 5 wickets and the Reds faced a victory target of 45.

Travis Demeza and Eric Clancroft rocked the top order, but it did nothing to deter the victory charge.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 409 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 181 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings Following On 272 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 45 for 3
Cricket Web Red won by 7 wkts.
Just noticed this one didn't get a MOM award.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Well done Colts! And Greg too, unnoticed but bowled well. That's a really good all-round performance boys, well done!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
age_master said:
Hopefully Rob and Megan can get some more runs soon too.
Here's hoping Age although I wouldn't hold my breath!!

Not totally happy with 57... should have gone on with it and there's always room for improvement. Might head to the nets and see what happens.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite happy with the 4 wickets...
batting scores of 5 and 4* were alright too :)