• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Francis

State Vice-Captain
May 2010: Exeter Chiefs promoted to the Premiership
May 2017: Exeter Chiefs win the Premiership

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Brumby!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yes but more important than the premiership, as we all know, is Leicestershire's maiden victory in the women's county cup

Starting 15 (player on the top right of the picture) is my step sister. Well in ladies

ripper868

International Coach
Super final Wasps v Exeter was, ridiculous the amount of ball Exeter had and the amount of tackles Wasps made.

Wallabies have named their squad for June, big focus on youth - makes little difference with the Lions Touring as no-ones really fussed about matches with Scotland, Italy and Fiji

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a break in Super rugby for the international series?

I'm wondering if the Argentina squad is full strength. If they're missing their Jags players then they'll struggle, if not they could well beat an England side that's spurned a lot of experienced reserves and brought in 19-21 year olds. http://www.planetrugby.com/news/argentina-name-squad-for-june-2/
Yes, Superrugby restarts after the internationals in June/July. Should be full strength SH teams, (Except SA who has picked a first choice squad that would probably lose to the SA 'A' squad, most of the players having better form....)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Who's in the SA squad you don't agree with?

I'm guessing it's based mostly around the Lions team that are, as far as I understand it, happily smacking the non-Kiwi sides around and waiting for the finals for the actual competition to start.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Who's in the SA squad you don't agree with?

I'm guessing it's based mostly around the Lions team that are, as far as I understand it, happily smacking the non-Kiwi sides around and waiting for the finals for the actual competition to start.
They also smacked round a few teams last year to get to the final....

But while a number of Lion's players are in the team (better than last year), problem is you can still see SA are going to try a hit and bash style. Picking De Allende and Serfontein as centers shows this, while leaving out Mapoe, Vorster. Leaving Combrick the form wing out is just silly. Lionel Cronje should be back-up to Jantjies, who will not perform because he is going to be asked to sit back and kick, which is not what he is good at and will then get castigated by the SA public. Hougaard and Paige are not any where near good enough. So on and so forth...

The team selection shows a mindset more than anything else, in effect you have a team picked on the same basis that was picked last year, where SA was at their worst and SARU admin just keeps plodding along in the same direction, not willing to learn. And springboks will keep getting trampled until this changes.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Junior World Championships start today.... I always enjoy watching. Quite often more exciting if more error ridden than the senior stuff. Also good to see all the upcoming world talent.

ripper868

International Coach
Stephens "Really?" I think was more directed to the inappropriateness of you commenting on Howe's step sister's attraction levels rather than asking for clarification as to if you actually view her as attractive.

That you've then stated you've saved the image, and zoomed in to get a closer look puts you right up there in the weird **** stakes.