• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huh. Wondered what'd happened to Bott. Was at Canterbury (I think) last time I heard. Obv changed codes.

How much coverage does the Chute Shield get down there? Barely registers a blip up here. All I know about Manly, for instance, is that Sir Clive used to turn out for them.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Shute Shield gets a game on ABC each week on Saturday arvo and the scores are on the news.

Shocking hit from Bott there. Couple of nice tries to Kepu.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shute Sheild gets a game on ABC each week on Saturday arvo and the scores are on the news.

Shocking hit from Bott there. Couple of nice tries to Kepu.
Fair dos. Ta. :) Assume this is just NSW or even just Sydney?

Maybe that's where the ARC went wrong, should've maybe just added teams to the existing NSW comp like league and V/AFL did. Although VFL obviously was a Victorian comp before someone as pedantic as me points that out.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member

Maybe that's where the ARC went wrong, should've maybe just added teams to the existing NSW comp like league and V/AFL did. Although VFL obviously was a Victorian comp before someone as pedantic as me points that out.
I have no idea outside of NSW, i wouldn't think they would be. QLD might have QLD club rugby.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
From today's Daily Telegraph:

MANLY winger Leon Bott has not been cited for the tackle that left Randwick winger David Dillon needing surgery to remove his spleen.

Dillon, the grandson of Bob Hawke, was hit early underneath a bomb in a club match at Coogee Oval last Saturday.

Bott, a former Brisbane Bronco, was sin-binned and that was deemed a sufficient penalty yesterday.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't think you could be cited for an incident if it had been dealt with on the field, such as a yellow/red card. Confirmation anybody?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't think you could be cited for an incident if it had been dealt with on the field, such as a yellow/red card. Confirmation anybody?
Pretty sure you can, happened in this year's Super 14 when Rory Kockott got sent off for punching Adam Thomson, got cited, and was suspended for a week.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty sure you can, happened in this year's Super 14 when Rory Kockott got sent off for punching Adam Thomson, got cited, and was suspended for a week.
Yeah, Burger was sin-binned for his gouge at the time in the second Lions test and then got another 8 weeks afterwards.

ripper868

International Coach

Yeah mate, Shute Shield is the Sydney Premir Club Rugby, when Super 14/Wallabies aren't playing it's where mmost of the Waratah Boys turn out. Solid competition, a few players who IMO don't get the recognition/rep honours they deserve.

I have no idea outside of NSW, i wouldn't think they would be. QLD might have QLD club rugby.
Queensland Rugby has Premier Brisbane Rugby with Brisbane based clubs plus the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. In this year's pre-season a "State Cup" competition was held, for the first time, basically it involved the Brisbane Premier Clubs playing against country Sub-Unions (Cairns, Townsville, Central Queensland (Rocky) and Darling Downs. Worked well in theory but the gap between the prem clubs and Country Unions was huge, a few games ended up 90-0 to the Brisbane clubs on more than one occasion.

Still, was good exposure for the country Unions, particularly as Townsville has ambitions of joining the Premier Rugby Competition in the not too distant future (with a view to a super 14/15/16/98 side further down the track as well.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hoping for a cracker of a game tonight. Hasn't rained much at all in Sydney the past few weeks, so the ground should be a hard and dry making for an attractive game of rugby.

All Blacks by 6 IMO.

Craig

World Traveller
Could a few of the AB's just pretend they know the words to the anthem? Looks a bit when they just stand there with their mouth's shut.