• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2024 T20 World Cup (West Indies & USA)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In case you’re all wondering yes I am going to England V Australia
Ooh, might be over that way then as well. Am in Florida first week of June then a bit up in the air what we're going to do from there.

Will let you know so you can avoid me

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ooh, might be over that way then as well. Am in Florida first week of June then a bit up in the air what we're going to do from there.

Will let you know so you can avoid me
Damn, you stole my reply with the last sentence

Am in Barbados 28th May-11th June

Molehill

International Captain
Worth pointing out the format.

Top 2 in the initial groups go through to the Super 8's, which is 2 further groups of 4 (A1, B2, C1, D2 and the opposite).

Only groups C & D look remotely competitive from the initial ones. Eng, Aus, Ind, Pak should stroll through......although wouldn't put it past Pakistan to stumble against Ireland.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
How will the t20 groups for the super 8's be determined? I know that top 2 of each group go to super 8's, but i'm confused on how the two super 8 groups are determined from that.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Its all been predecided. Position in the initial group doesn't matter.

Group A
India
Australia
NZ
SL/Bang

Group B
Pakistan
England
West Indies
South Africa

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India Squad-

Rohit Sharma (capt), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Hardik Pandya, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent squad. Glad that they picked players on merit. Samson over Rahul. Four spinners. Just three pacers (as they all are crap except Bumrah).

Likely XI - (initially)

Rohit
Jaiswal
Kohli
Sky
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah
Arshdeep

Axar
Siraj
Dube
Samson

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
cant wait to see Chahal get exposed in international cricket again
Yeah I don't like Chahal either but if they hadn't picked him, they would have picked Avesh Khan in the squad who is no better either.

Plus now with Chahal likely to start, Siraj might have to sit out from the starting XI which isn't too bad. Both are crap imo. But Chahal is a more aggressive option, more likely to pick a wicket or two.

(It seems the management really wanted a leggie and Bishnoi has been crap in the IPL so were forced into going back to Chahal..)

If it doesn't work out and gets smashed then Im sure he'll be out the XI pretty quickly. But I think almost all our remaining options are crap so it doesn't matter. However, Personally I'd like Axar over Chahal.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Its a decent enough side but I feel like they have chosen the side with least possible controversy than a side that had the best chance of winning. :( Cant see us make it past the semis even if we go that far.
If India really wanted to win the WC they wouldn't have reverted back to Rohit and Kohli in the first place and would have left out guys like Pandya.

My top 7 would have been-

Abhishek/Gaikwad
Jaiswal
Samson
Sky
Dube
Rinku
Axar

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish BCCI had started IPL little sooner and finished it around mid-May, then they could have been innovative and had a 3 match series between India XI for WC against the Indian IPL stars XI.

Im certain that the Indian IPL stars XI would've given the Indian XI a run for their money. The younger in form team imo would have been just as likely to win the WC as the actual Indian team. Unfortunately the indian management isn't brave enough to trust younger players.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
If India really wanted to win the WC they wouldn't have reverted back to Rohit and Kohli in the first place and would have left out guys like Pandya.

My top 7 would have been-

Abhishek/Gaikwad
Jaiswal
Samson
Sky
Dube
Rinku
Axar
Not pitches like the WC there, so anchors gonna be important. Kohli has improved his spin game also. Jaiswal has blown hot and cold. Gaikwad should’ve been included tho