• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2024 T20 World Cup (West Indies & USA)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ideally neither should've been there. Rohit definitely didn't deserve to return given his T20s record.

Perhaps only Kohli should've been allowed but that too with a clause that he can't be expected to feature in every game

Molehill

International Captain
So how do you rank team chances this T20 world cup? I would go

England
South Africa
Australia

West Indies
Pakistan
India
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan
Bangladesh

Looking at the line-ups, England, SA and Australia are clearly favorites over the other teams. Quite explosive line-ups. Also, I am backing USA to spring a surprise and qualify over either India or Pakistan. They will finish 3rd in the group at the least.
From a batting perspective, I think this is spot on. No doubt the top 3 have more firepower than the others. But it kind of ignores the bowling. Not convinced the Aussie Test/ODI line up is as well suited to T20's. England will need Archer to fire to take top order wickets (big if) whilst the Saffas have been going round the park in the IPL (I know they're not alone), and they just don't win tournaments.

My dark horses would be Pakistan - got a feeling these pitches could suit, especially if they have their full bowling line up available. Plus they've had a break whilst everyone else is slogging it round India.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Only 5 bowlers unlike England Topley, Curran, Archer, Jordan, Rashid, Livingstone and Jacks. Pandya will have to play.
If Dube bowls like he did vs PBKS yesterday, he can be your 6th bowler. Can’t bowl worse than Hardik at the moment