• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Blaze

Banned
Haha FINCHY!!!!! An Origin great. Seriously did the QLD backs only meet each other yesterday? They were getting in each others way all night.

Still, the second half was a lot better and I am still confident that QLD will win the series...

Blaze

Banned
What do Qld need to do to turn it around?

I wouldn't make too many changes. They were awful for the first 50 minutes and still almost won the game...

They need to beef up their backrow a bit, and I would bring in Hunt for Bowen.

Tate should move to the wing. He was dissapointing tonight but should get another chance as Qld don't have many wing options and he is a guy who has played there a bit (btw why did Bell play on the wing?). Lockyer will never be dropped by the selectors... Thaiday should have got more game time. Berrigan was surprisingly impressive.

I would go for

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civinaceva (seriously someone give this guy a rocket)
11. Thorn
12. Thaiday
13. Berrigan

14. Myles
15. Tronc
16. Webb
17. PJ Marsh

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a heartbreaking loss. All credit for Inglis for sticking with it after a shocking start to the game. If that's the last time Matt Bowen plays for Qld I will be a happy man. He is scared to take a bomb and for all the attackign flair he has, he's shocking in defence. Please bring in Shifcofske. Tate was far from ready for an origin game. I thought some of the plays Qld came up with were good, we just weren't good enough to put them together, so I think Big Mal will be a good coach for us. Our selectors need a kick up the backside. Hodges again was brilliant.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowen MUST go... He is a JOKE... I have never seen a fullback so scared to take the ball on the full.. And then when he does Channel 9 commentators go into drool mode and say what a player bla bla bla... He does 1 good thing and that gets him through...

Arrgh Imposter of the Month award - Matt Bowen

Mister Wright

Blewy said:
Bowen MUST go... He is a JOKE... I have never seen a fullback so scared to take the ball on the full.. And then when he does Channel 9 commentators go into drool mode and say what a player bla bla bla... He does 1 good thing and that gets him through...

Arrgh Imposter of the Month award - Matt Bowen
Seconded. See ya later Bowen. Get a comfy chair and a good television for the rest of the series mate.

howardj

International Coach
Blaze said:
What do Qld need to do to turn it around?

I wouldn't make too many changes. They were awful for the first 50 minutes and still almost won the game...

They need to beef up their backrow a bit, and I would bring in Hunt for Bowen.

Tate should move to the wing. He was dissapointing tonight but should get another chance as Qld don't have many wing options and he is a guy who has played there a bit (btw why did Bell play on the wing?). Lockyer will never be dropped by the selectors... Thaiday should have got more game time. Berrigan was surprisingly impressive.

I would go for

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civinaceva (seriously someone give this guy a rocket)
11. Thorn
12. Thaiday
13. Berrigan

14. Myles
15. Tronc
16. Webb
17. PJ Marsh
1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Tonga
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Webb
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Parker
12. Myles
13. Johnson

14. Berrigan
15. Thaiday
16. Shillington
17. Tronc

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Webb, He went missing when Mason and O'Meley put the hard hits on him.. His true colours shone through.. He must have been in the wrong line when they were handing out QLD Spirit...

SOFT!!

Mister Wright

howardj said:
1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Tonga
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Webb
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Parker
12. Myles
13. Johnson

14. Berrigan
15. Thaiday
16. Shillington
17. Tronc
Surely you're going mad! You can't leave Price out of the side. I agree with Stagg going and Carlaw in, but Price must stay.

howardj

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Surely you're going mad! You can't leave Price out of the side. I agree with Stagg going and Carlaw in, but Price must stay.
Price offers nothing at a higher level anymore

Get with it

:@