• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
For Barney and Geraint, what do you guys think of the new British TNA wrestler Brutus Magnus? I think he comes across as a really talented and charismatic young wrestler and at 22 I think he's got a really bright future ahead of him in TNA.

Was just on TNA Wrestling's Youtube page the other day and they had posted an out of character interview with Brutus Magnus and he really came across as a very natural talker and very humble as well. Think he could move on to bigger things. Check out the Youtube video if you can.

What are your guys opinion of him? By the way it's great to see some good British wrestlers make their way into the industry. TNA seems to be promoting a new British heel group called "The British Invasion" which seems to be a promising up and coming group.
TNA has had a guy called Doug Williams (British worker) on contract for ages never had anything for him but he is a really good worker.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
For Barney and Geraint, what do you guys think of the new British TNA wrestler Brutus Magnus? I think he comes across as a really talented and charismatic young wrestler and at 22 I think he's got a really bright future ahead of him in TNA.

Was just on TNA Wrestling's Youtube page the other day and they had posted an out of character interview with Brutus Magnus and he really came across as a very natural talker and very humble as well. Think he could move on to bigger things. Check out the Youtube video if you can.

What are your guys opinion of him? By the way it's great to see some good British wrestlers make their way into the industry. TNA seems to be promoting a new British heel group called "The British Invasion" which seems to be a promising up and coming group.
I've not watched much TNA of late - I have the kids staying at mine next Saturday which is when Impact airs, so I'll have a watch of that and then give you my thoughts!

Barney Rubble

International Coach

Magnus has had plenty of exposure in the UK - since the resurrection of the popular show, 'Gladiators', on Sky One about a year ago, he's been portraying the token 'heel' Gladiator, 'Oblivion'. Plenty of people would recognise him over here without knowing he was a wrestler.

He's got decent credentials from what I've seen, and TNA are obviously aware of this having had him 'steal' the Feast or Fired briefcase from Hernandez following his injury - however, I don't think TNA are going to be seriously pushing any young heel talent (or any young talent at all given Joe and AJ's recent burials) while the Main Event Mafia still exists.

Despite this, Magnus seems to have a ton of talent. He just needs to opportunity - hopefully the new 'British Invasion' faction will give him that chance. It's something WWE have missed the boat on - a faction of William Regal, Doug Taylor, Paul Burchill and Katie Lea would surely have gotten over.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Magnus has had plenty of exposure in the UK - since the resurrection of the popular show, 'Gladiators', on Sky One about a year ago, he's been portraying the token 'heel' Gladiator, 'Oblivion'. Plenty of people would recognise him over here without knowing he was a wrestler.

He's got decent credentials from what I've seen, and TNA are obviously aware of this having had him 'steal' the Feast or Fired briefcase from Hernandez following his injury - however, I don't think TNA are going to be seriously pushing any young heel talent (or any young talent at all given Joe and AJ's recent burials) while the Main Event Mafia still exists.

Despite this, Magnus seems to have a ton of talent. He just needs to opportunity - hopefully the new 'British Invasion' faction will give him that chance. It's something WWE have missed the boat on - a faction of William Regal, Doug Taylor, Paul Burchill and Katie Lea would surely have gotten over.
Magnus is Dixies pet project so I can see him getting a decent push

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah I never realised he was the Gladiator. He's a quality heel, and I'd heard he was a pro-wrestler.

masterblaster

International Captain
TNA has had a guy called Doug Williams (British worker) on contract for ages never had anything for him but he is a really good worker.
Yeah he's a really good worker and reminds me a lot of Finlay. He's in the new British Invasion stable along with Brutus Magnus.

masterblaster

International Captain

It's a smart move by TNA because apparently they are quite well liked over in the UK and always have great attendance in the live tours that TNA does. It's good to know that he's well known in the UK and WWE should've definitely gotten behind a British group.

masterblaster

International Captain
Did Raw absolutely suck today or what? Nobody on that show apart from MVP seems to be an interesting character. Even Randy Orton from being potentially the biggest star in the WWE has been made to look more and more like an idiot.

Thank God for ECW and Smackdown. This is where the real talent is.

Majin

International Debutant
Been away for a weekend so dunno if you guys already discussed this or not but...

Chris Jericho has requested a lengthy program with Rey Mysterio and will have a creative hand in putting the feud together. Rey's mask will be incorporated into the angle because of the reaction they got after Jericho "accidently" unmasked Mysterio on the European tour.
Jericho and Rey Rey in a long feud sounds awesome. :) Especially if Jericho did actually get to have a bit of say in creative. Hope it actually has some truth behind it.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Been away for a weekend so dunno if you guys already discussed this or not but...

Jericho and Rey Rey in a long feud sounds awesome. :) Especially if Jericho did actually get to have a bit of say in creative. Hope it actually has some truth behind it.
Yeah, got to agree that this does sound awesome. Not a huge fan of Mysterio in general but despite his limited ability on the mic, he's really brought it to the ring in some high-profile matches this year, notably in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.

This feud will inevitably produce some stellar mic work from Jericho, it will elevate the IC title further than it has been in years, and it above all, the matches will no doubt be fantastic. Can't wait.

Oh, and FTR, yes, Raw last night did suck. A lot. Ratings are going to plummet if they continue in this vein.

masterblaster

International Captain
ECW was solid again tonight with the big news being that the son of Davey Boy Smith, DH Smith redebuted on ECW aligning himself with Tyson Kidd and Natalia and of course they are now being pushed as 'The Hart Trilogy'.

Pretty cool I must say. I also marked out for the return of The Peep Show to WWE and Christian was hilarious in his promo with Jack Swagger. It was a much better show than Raw yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how 'The Hart Trilogy' go in upcoming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.