• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hear Umaga as well as Kennedy has picked up an injury at a house show the other day, not exactly great news for the Smackdown Roster, not known how long it'll keep him out for, but serious enough to keep him off the TV tapings this week it appears.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Lol, reading through the thread, some of the spots you guys are thinking of are never going to happen. :laugh:

Chokeslam through the cell roof to the ring, though, is a different idea altogether.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well that didn't last long. Chris Harris has been released from WWE. When you show up for your WWE debut in the worst shape of your life and then make a mess of a simple match, you deserve to be fired. He needs to get back into shape and just hope that TNA takes him back.

masterblaster

International Captain
hear Umaga as well as Kennedy has picked up an injury at a house show the other day, not exactly great news for the Smackdown Roster, not known how long it'll keep him out for, but serious enough to keep him off the TV tapings this week it appears.
Not looking too good, but Smackdown was solid this week. Brian Kendrick is quickly turning into the modern day Shawn Michaels/Brian Pillman and continues to entertain. Edge delivered once again and proved once and for all why he's the best heel in professional wrestling history. Big statement I know, but it's the truth. Edge makes Triple H's run as a psychotic heel years ago look pale in comparison.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good Smackdown today.

Shelton and Hardy put on a great great match, shame it finished in a DQ win for Hardy but I guess they needed MVP to make an appearance to build for their match at Summerslam. Got a feeling Jeff will go over which IMO will be a shame as MVP has carried this feud big time and deserves the blowoff win. Either way I think it'll be quality if they're given the time they deserve.

Kendrick's push continues which I'm happy about, but for him to be ME'ing the show isn't right for mine. Just not ready yet but I guess it shows how paper thin the Smackdown roster is with the people they have on the injury list.

Triple H and Khali had an Indian Broken Glass Arm Wrestle which actually played out a lot better than it sounded when I read about it. I know the smart money seems to be on Khali going over but unless we see Tripple H getting some measure of dominance over him in next week's show I can't see it, it's just so unlike Triple H to be made to look weak in a feud and not expect to win at the PPV. On the other hand I know that Vince wants to get as much out of Khali as possible as his knees aren't going to last much longer so to squeeze out as much of the Indian market as possible we could see another Khali title reign or two in the next year or so.

But once again it was Edge who stole the show with another sick promo, this time turning on La Familia and Vickie. I can't remember the last time I saw someone single handedly sell a huge PPV match as well as he has done over the past few weeks. Shame Taker is guaranteed to go over because Edge has done literally everything to make this as big as it will be while Taker has sat on his ass at home getting ready for the match. Ah well, after this feud is done there's no way they can justify keeping Edge out of the title scene very long, really want him back as Smackdown champion ASAP.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just a note from Mondays RAW....

Chris Jericho wearing stone cold style black trunks instead of his usual ring gear, I know they are trying to reinvent him...but...having seen him since the ECW days wearing his long tights/trousers/whatever this just seems unatural and wrong to me...just looks so weird lol.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It could lead to something big regardless of the result really, but either way, Edge/Jericho/Punk are the only things keeping the WWE interesting at the moment. The more I think about it the more I can see Edge going over here as well....or at least something stopping Taker from winning....somehow the match being brought into disrepute...hmmm

Agent TBY

International Captain
Just a note from Mondays RAW....

Chris Jericho wearing stone cold style black trunks instead of his usual ring gear, I know they are trying to reinvent him...but...having seen him since the ECW days wearing his long tights/trousers/whatever this just seems unatural and wrong to me...just looks so weird lol.
Whatchoo complaining for, you get to see more of Jericho.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well it's Autumn Cleaning time in WWE. A total of six superstars have been released and these include: Chris Harris (Braden Walker), Nunzio, James Curtis, Shannon Moore, Domino and Big Daddy V as well as referee Nick Patrick.

This comes as no surprise to me as WWE recently held a shareholders meeting where Linda McMahon was furious at how the operating expenses in WWE had risen dramatically. Perhaps more releases are expected as WWE start to cut it's costs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well it's Autumn Cleaning time in WWE. A total of six superstars have been released and these include: Chris Harris (Braden Walker), Nunzio, James Curtis, Shannon Moore, Domino and Big Daddy V as well as referee Nick Patrick.

This comes as no surprise to me as WWE recently held a shareholders meeting where Linda McMahon was furious at how the operating expenses in WWE had risen dramatically. Perhaps more releases are expected as WWE start to cut it's costs.
Liked these guys TBH.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Won't happen, although it would be an awesome moment if they did let it happen.
Is that the same "Won't happen" as Orton retaining at Wrestlemania? Or Beth Phoenix winning at that same event?

I've not been watching SD! but it seems like it could go either way... I'd tip Edge personally.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Surprised to hear of all those releases, even more surprised Carlito wasn't among them. Shannon Moore will be a good fit in the X-Division, but the others won't have too much of a future. Can't see TNA wanting Viscera.

chalky

International Debutant
Not looking too good, but Smackdown was solid this week. Brian Kendrick is quickly turning into the modern day Shawn Michaels/Brian Pillman and continues to entertain. Edge delivered once again and proved once and for all why he's the best heel in professional wrestling history. Big statement I know, but it's the truth. Edge makes Triple H's run as a psychotic heel years ago look pale in comparison.
I think you should watch some of Jake Roberts' promos during his fued with Randy Savage head and shoulders above anything Edge has done. Raven's early character in ECW was also much better than Edge especially during his fued with the Sandman.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think you should watch some of Jake Roberts' promos during his fued with Randy Savage head and shoulders above anything Edge has done. Raven's early character in ECW was also much better than Edge especially during his fued with the Sandman.
Wouldn't say Raven was better than Edge personally, as Edge is much better in ring, but Raven was awesome, so wish he had been given a proper run in the WWE.

As of UT going over Edge...the only thing from me not backing Edge is the fact that Taker is being build up big as part of his comeback from his time off, to have all this build up for him to then lose just isnt the E way of doing things....that said, the way everything has been going recently hasnt exactly conformed to the usual manner of proceedings...so we can hope. The fact that a lot of the marks will want to see Edge well and truly get the crap kicked out of him could also swing it that way, though...that said, is another reason why them putting Edge over here would be huge...genuinely quite excited by the prospect of this match, regardless of who wins, it should be awesome, and should be the best HIAC since Foley/HHH without any problem at all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shannon Moore
Genuinely very dissapointed with this, FFS Shannon Moore is awesome, if the E had quit giving him terrible gimmick after gmmick and actually given him some sort of decent program he could have made a very solid midcarder at least, argh.

Fair play for the release of big Vis though, he shalt not be missed.

masterblaster

International Captain
Genuinely very dissapointed with this, FFS Shannon Moore is awesome, if the E had quit giving him terrible gimmick after gmmick and actually given him some sort of decent program he could have made a very solid midcarder at least, argh.

Fair play for the release of big Vis though, he shalt not be missed.
I don't really rate Shannon Moore as highly as I rate guys like Paul London, Matt Sydal and Charlie Haas all of whom WWE hardly push. It's good to see a guy like Brian Kendrick getting such a good push though.

But Shannon Moore has always been a bland personality. His in ring work is good, but at times sloppy and he has no personality. He still will probably fit in with TNA's X Division but will be no more than somebody like Johnny Devine.

Status
Not open for further replies.