• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Gotta say Cody's the most natural, wholesome babyface champion the company's had since Bret Hart. I know there have been a few since, Cena the most obvious, Bryan too, but Cody has to be to today's kids what Bret was to my generation thirty-five years ago, a genuine feel-good hero.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Not watched wrestling properly since the Attitude era but seen a few clips from the weekend and yeah, that was pretty cool ...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gotta say Cody's the most natural, wholesome babyface champion the company's had since Bret Hart. I know there have been a few since, Cena the most obvious, Bryan too, but Cody has to be to today's kids what Bret was to my generation thirty-five years ago, a genuine feel-good hero.
The whole thing was very similar to the 1994 Wrestlemania too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rock on RAW and immediately a babyface again, saying what a great guy Cody is etc. is a little jarring given...everything that has happened over the last couple of months but w/e. I guess he was never going to stay being a bad guy for too long.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah having now watched it, it wasn't as chummy as I had assumed. Still, the fact that Cody was happy to stand and talk civilly to someone who less than 24 hours previously was literally whipping him is somewhat er.. strange haha. But yeah let's see what happens.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I thought it was very movie-like (Unbreakable, TDK, you complete me types). Maybe Rock takes over the Mr. McMahon persona in the future and makes Cody's life hell. Pretty intriguing.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wrestlemania was absolutely perfect. Classic WWE in that they lucked into the perfect story, including change in executive leadership, etc. But man they stuck the landing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wrestlemania was absolutely perfect. Classic WWE in that they lucked into the perfect story, including change in executive leadership, etc. But man they stuck the landing.
Its amazing how well they do when they have to actually pivot from their original plans due to fan voice. And its also amazing how many times they simply boneheadedly refused to do so.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Drew is on a different level right now. Bondage Undertaker :laugh:

Is he leaving still a thing? Because he's not getting a bigger stage anywhere else...unless someone in Hollywood realizes he's the next Bond wrapped and ready to go.

Heboric

International Debutant
Kids nowadays dont know what a real promo is. If your ears dont bleed while watching it, its not a promo :laugh: :ph34r:

Could do a commentary stint at the next Ashes, will fit right in :ph34r:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Its amazing how well they do when they have to actually pivot from their original plans due to fan voice. And its also amazing how many times they simply boneheadedly refused to do so.
I think it is sometimes good to refuse to bow to public demand. The good guy can't always win. This would have been only 75% of the moment if he'd won last year.