• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Mike5181

International Captain
My headcannon had Omega picking up the mic and saying Ospreay should retire from New Japan out of disgrace.

Aritro

International Regular
Well that was incredible. ****ing hell.

Also I didn't imagine a NJPW pay-per-view would be so popular on here? There's like 4 pages of comments already haha

Aritro

International Regular
My stream went to **** after the Ospreay v Omega match, so I'll have to pirate the full show later. Sorry New Japan.

Mike5181

International Captain
I feel like everyone will say this Okada match was great but it'll be forgotten in a week. Boo this man.

Athlai

Not Terrible
White isn't really an enthralling opponent for Okada at WK imo. Was a good match but I never once thought Okada would lose.

Loved Ospreay vs Omega and really enjoy Ospreay still having to work to the very pinnacle of the sport.

FTR and the Jr's also absolute class. Tama vs Anderson probably shouldn't have been on the card, the ladies getting that time would've been amazing

Mike5181

International Captain
Jr. Tag - ***.5
Kairi vs. Tam - ***. Waste of Tam, should've used a mid carder if you were only giving them 5 minutes, hot take but she's actually a better wrestler than Kairi. Sasha post-match was awkward but still cool in terms of significance. Incredibly hot, no idea how she got her hair like that, still not a strong promo (not a huge deal in Japan tbh).
Bishamon Vs. FTR - **** (Goto and Yoshi Hashi are reliable as always, FTR are whiny bitches but the best tag team in the world.
Sabre Jr. vs Narita - ***1/2. I'll be honest I've never been of huge fan of discount Shibata. Why would I want to watch someone like 30% as ***y and about 60% as skilled as Shibata in the same style, I have Youtube. Still a decent match.
Tama Tonga vs. Karl Anderson ***1/4/. ****ed the finish, otherwise I would've given Anderson his flowers. I'm not unhappy about it because **** Karl Anderson. He's not struggling for money, I don't have to support him half-assing his way through matches now, the guy's earning millions. Hundreds of wrestlers would have loved to be in his spot for a fraction of the money, hopefully that's the last we've seen of him in New Japan.
Muto vs. LIJ (fine, Mutoh's last match (like ****ing 1/10 of them) isn't some significant thing to me, the guy can barely walk. waste of Naito)
Juniors - ****
Omega vs. Ospreay - *****
Okada vs White - ***.75. Okada isn't the GOAT, he's formulaic as **** and puts no effort into his character. I watched some 2014 matches when he was was S tier in presence and an A tier athlete, this Okada can't compare.

Heboric

International Debutant
Barring WWE or AEW, I doubt any other promotion could afford Sasha / Mercedes

There is that rumor of January 11 tag team match with Saraya, but who knows

Athlai

Not Terrible
Suzuki-gun disbands and from its ashes we get Suzuki+whoever, its ****ing Suzuki, TMDK led by ZSJ and the best named faction of all time "Just Four Guys"