• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Teja.

Global Moderator
Lmao

Also RIP the women's division.
I think the Saudis only apply the ****ed up restrictions on women on their home turf and not on businesses run by citizens abroad.

I suspect ownership of the company will be more like ownership of football clubs by members of the royal family.

There will probably be massive changes in terms of investment and outlook but ultimately the E will be run like a for-profit business. I don’t see the new management drastically ****ing over the women’s division simply because it would be bad for the bottom line to do so.

Aritro

International Regular
Haha yeah, it's not like they've scrapped the women's team or banned pork at Newcastle United. It's just an investment.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha yeah, it's not like they've scrapped the women's team or banned pork at Newcastle United. It's just an investment.
Women’s wrestling in WWE is more profitable portion of the company than women’s football though.

FTR, I don’t think the above profit-based reasoning is particularly moral nor do I endorse it.

I just don’t think that even if the new owners are complete dickheads, they would be so spectacularly dumb to cut a moneymaker like women’s wrestling.

Aritro

International Regular
Women’s wrestling in WWE is more profitable portion of the company than women’s football though.

FTR, I don’t think the above profit-based reasoning is particularly moral nor do I endorse it.

I just don’t think that even if the new owners are complete dickheads, they would be so spectacularly dumb to cut a moneymaker like women’s wrestling.
Yeah, we're describing the same thing.

I'm saying they won't change any of that, it's not like they've Saudified Newcastle United. They're just investors/owners like any other. Just because they're Saudi doesn't mean they're going to run their investments along Wahabi lines.

Aritro

International Regular
Hope William Reagal still has Tony Khan on speed dial...
I'm not sure what his relationship is like with Vince. In an interview after he left AEW he was careful to clarify that Vince really looked after him financially when he left. Maybe as insurance against having to answer to him in future, IDK

Athlai

Not Terrible
Steph gone?

but she invented women. How will they manage to run the company now?
Always feel a bit bad for Steph about this, she's apparently fairly universally beloved backstage and in terms of getting woman onscreen in WWE as a serious act she was apparently (with HHH and I believe Fit Finlay) a massive ambassador to the old cretins Vince and co

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also not that bad a take. She's quoting someone saying philanthropy is how companies will stand out, which is accurate. The Steph hate is its own machine imo

Teja.

Global Moderator
It's not a bad take but it's pretty heavy handed and ill advised to tweet that as a top executive of a billion dollar company which does a ton of 'philanthropy' tbf. It opens you up as a fair target to get the piss taken out of you when you do talk about social justice causes in the company.

It's like if HHH publicly talked about how the PPV-to-network transition enabled them to increase profits to shareholders by allowing them to drastically downsize the monthly special shows as they didn't have to justify a 50$ price for each show anymore. He'd rightfully be the target of mockery every time there was a lackluster PPV.