• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just over produced I think. All the guys they use have shown they have a lot of talent and charisma, but the WWE style of production (i.e. VKM screaming in their headsets constantly) just means what we get is a very generic, predictable, clichéd presentation.
The ridiculous changing of camera angles doesn't allow you to really take in and absorb what's going on. Hard to tell a story like that.

Teja.

Global Moderator
NJPW does such elite camera work. Really adds to the physical natural of those fights. There was a good video essay on it on youtube but think it got nuked by copyright.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If you told me a year ago they were gonna do a gimmick change to Roman and he was going to be “The Tribal Chief” I’d have believed you and known it was the true death of his career.

but FMD how wrong I’d be. This Roman is at least Batista level interesting if not more. Great stuff.

Niall

International Coach
If you told me a year ago they were gonna do a gimmick change to Roman and he was going to be “The Tribal Chief” I’d have believed you and known it was the true death of his career.

but FMD how wrong I’d be. This Roman is at least Batista level interesting if not more. Great stuff.
I've not watched in months so can't comment but that is a mega call, heel Batista in his first run was superb.

Promos, manner and the obnoxious preppy clothes and how obvious he was having a ball made him a must watch.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've not watched in months so can't comment but that is a mega call, heel Batista in his first run was superb.

Promos, manner and the obnoxious preppy clothes and how obvious he was having a ball made him a must watch.
After that PPV yeah I’ll double down on Reigns = Batista level interesting. Maybe even more. Surely this builds to the Rock?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Looks like they're handling it well so far. Best thing to come out of it up to now was the Jey Uso promo from Smackdown on Friday though. Gun.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Slight side note, did Roman get chest surgery or something? Because if not then they’ve been idiots to keep him in a vest all this time.looks like a god

Kraken

International 12th Man
Word is he will be getting new music imminently as well. I must say, I liked the old Roman...and I LOVE the new one. I was genuinely uncomfortable watching him destroy Jey. Long live the chief

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having not followed wrestling at all for months and months, it came as a shock when I randomly came across the news that Larry Csonka of 411mania died in May, or maybe I did read the news at the time and kinda forgot like Jono forgot about Macho Man? Pretty rough... used to read his reviews all the time

Teja.

Global Moderator
Having not followed wrestling at all for months and months, it came as a shock when I randomly came across the news that Larry Csonka of 411mania died in May, or maybe I did read the news at the time and kinda forgot like Jono forgot about Macho Man? Pretty rough... used to read his reviews all the time
That's really sad, will miss speed scrolling downwards in his reviews if I wanted to avoid getting spoilered but wanted to see the final score he gave it.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Roman's new look/gimmick feels amazing. Looks so much more like a badass than before.

All those years where he didn't quite fit at the top of the card would not even be a waste as the position forced him to be one of the most rapidly improving wrestlers in the company to the point where he's pretty damn good which he can use now and the history gives him a good way to get heat.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The last few months have really put into perspective just how much the E are horrible bloodsuckers.

From what I understand the talent hit worst by the policy are not those making top money but people who genuinely rely on twitch etc as some useful supplemental income.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Was reminded today of the set of 126 vintage wrestling trump cards from the mid 90s that were gifted to me by my uncle. They were a very prized possession for me when I was a kid and were presumably thrown away when I went to college which still hurts a bit to the day. They covered most of the WWF, WCW and top independent wrestlers in one set and had some beautiful photos.

There's multiple people wanting to buy them online and no one selling them.