• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
2010 was an awesome year of wrestling. It's a bit like 96-97 whereby it wasn't getting good ratings and that but week to week was outstanding
Looking back, it makes you realise how much Wade Barrett has fallen/got lost in the shuffle. He mainevented pretty much every PPV in the second half of the year iirc, but I can't recall him doing anything much since.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is that Bad News Barrett? He came to India recently, was going to ask whether he was a jobber or someone respectable.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Rusev matches each PPV are so entertaining. It would be awesome to have him as US Champion.

I was looking forward to the main event but it lacked a but as some one pointed out earlier, no way to have a possible feud ending. I would have liked the match to have a bit more flow too.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
The Rusev matches each PPV are so entertaining[. It would be awesome to have him as US Champion.

I was looking forward to the main event but it lacked a but as some one pointed out earlier, no way to have a possible feud ending. I would have liked the match to have a bit more flow too.
Anything with more Lana in it would be more entertaining. One of the most attractive woman I've seen.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched the Angle vs Benoit at Rumble 2003 again, and man, what a match. Gets better each time I watch it. Has to be up there among the contenders for greatest match ever, especially because it managed to get the crowd on its feet after Steiner stunk up the joint.

andmark

International Captain
Just watched the Angle vs Benoit at Rumble 2003 again, and man, what a match. Gets better each time I watch it. Has to be up there among the contenders for greatest match ever, especially because it managed to get the crowd on its feet after Steiner stunk up the joint.
What was it that made Scott Steiner go from a gifted technical wrestler to some muscle freak ?

Come to think of it, you can make a strong argument that we're finally seeing something that resembles that time from around 2000-05 where they had those incredible wrestlers (like Benoit, Angle, Guerrero, Lesnar etc) in the form of Bryan, Cesaro, Ziggler, Rollins etc. On a similar note, I can't wait for Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville on NXT. Could end up being 5 stars

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah my favourite of all time.

Steiner vs. Triple H was so ****. Can imagine what Trips said when he returned to the locker room :laugh:

duffer

Come to think of it, you can make a strong argument that we're finally seeing something that resembles that time from around 2000-05 where they had those incredible wrestlers (like Benoit, Angle, Guerrero, Lesnar etc) in the form of Bryan, Cesaro, Ziggler, Rollins etc. On a similar note, I can't wait for Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville on NXT. Could end up being 5 stars
Really? I'll have to keep an eye out for them, the last PPV was pretty good in the ring imo.

duffer

Anything with more Lana in it would be more entertaining. One of the most attractive woman I've seen.
Yeah, was watching RAW hoping for them to make an appearance but they didn't get on. If you want to push someone don't have them off the air a night after going over at PPV.

andmark

International Captain
Really? I'll have to keep an eye out for them, the last PPV was pretty good in the ring imo.
Yeah, particularly Bryan and Cesaro who are perhaps this generation's equivalent to Angle and Benoit. Even then though, the in ring ability of the roster as a whole (as opposed to just the best of the roster) is phenomenal and even the developmental territory is producing some of the best matches in years (the recent fatal four way for the NXT Championship was outstanding)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
That's a top article Jono. I happened to watch Summerslam, just because I try to watch WM and Summerslam when I can (have missed most of them over the last decade, mind). It was tremendous. There were so many things which surprised me and made me go 'wow' and not just Lesnar-Cena.

I have caught the PPVs since then. It is nice to see there is a slight change/shift in wrestling.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Caught the first episode of Lucha Underground (which has to be the first pro wrestling TV show I've watched in a good 3-4 years). Not bad at all.

andmark

International Captain
I saw a bit of John Morrison's match on that. Seems decent. EDIT: Just found this: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1103/584595/lucha-underground-news-match-heavily-edited/ DAMN!

Raw seemed good all in all bar the Cesaro loss/ utter destruction. Nice to see Ziggler getting somewhat of the spotlight with a great promo from Triple H. Rusev is unbelievably great at striking (the best ever striker wrestling's ever seen imo) and well deserving of the US title- even if off air.

Last edited: