• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
The DIY - Revival Takeover matches were both all timers. Offhand I don't think there's a (four man) tag from WWE I'd rate over either of them. Maybe a couple at a similar level. If Revival can produce anything nearly as good in AWE I'd be interested.

From a lapsed watcher, Sheamus or Bryan would both seem good partners for a 'good match, successful defence' to establish a new champion.

Heboric

International Debutant
WWE has confirmed that one of its on-screen talents, who doesn't wrestle, tested positive recently for COVID-19

https://www.cbr.com/wwe-first-case-coronavirus-confirmed/

Goldberg wasn't prepared to job to Fiend?
The one thing I could never understand about wrestling, is the top guys thinking they should never lose cleanly. I remember with Rhonda Rousey, it was deemed unrealistic for her to lose. Absolutely forgetting she got her clock cleaned badly in her last two ufc fights.

In other sporting codes the top guys lose,. just yesterday I was watching swimming where Chad le Cloes beat Michael Phelps., I could list more

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Rock was willing to put anyone over and now hes one of the biggest blockbuster movie stars in the world. **** the old school mentality and **** Goldberg.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from what I read, and I do struggle to believe Goldberg wasn't originally booked to win, I think Goldberg had a point and how it was set up to be booked for WM was much better for everyone. It's just that once the crowd was gone and Roman was gone, Goldberg may as well have been gone too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah Goldberg is gun, my initial point was that I don't think he ever refused to job for Bray, I don't think he gave af at all

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Goldberg is gun, my initial point was that I don't think he ever refused to job for Bray, I don't think he gave af at all
The dirt sheets report he lobbied to beat the Fiend as losing would hurt his character with younger fans. Could be all rubbish but at the same time a random title change in Saudi Arabia for a 50 year old to beat one of your most over acts is pretty bloody weird

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The dumber move was booking The Fiend vs Goldberg in Saudi Arabia in the first place, in fairness.

Kraken

International 12th Man
If they did the Fiend vs Roman (like I'm sure they originally wanted to), and Roman had won, Roman would've been booed out of the building imo. Of course, Covid-19 changed the crowd situation, but they had changed their mind before that. I think that is/was their thinking anyway. Needed to get the belt onto Roman without that potentially happening, then re-visit the feud afterwards.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Random question on something that I've been thinking about lately. From a kayfabe point of view, why did the Undertaker target the McMahon/Helmsley faction upon his return in 2000? They weren't responsible for his hiatus and he never entered a feud with them following the PPV.

Spikey

interesting timing for the Snuka dark side of the ring ep to come out. reading some commentary on it, it seems like Vice were careful not to link Vince's name to anything

Spikey

This WWE news is surprising. After getting on the front foot and making sure the TV deals stay in tact and getting approval to record (wink wink), I wasn't expecting them to start telling people over text message whether they have a job.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Unless they're already missing out in tv money for some reason, despite being able to film new shows, these cuts will most likely to be designed to ensure they make their profit projections, rather than stay profitable

Fair enough in most circumstances (other than communicating the cuts by text) imo, but it's a dick move to do it now, at a time when the cut wrestlers will not only no longer have a job, but will also literally be unable to get another one

Mike5181

International Captain
WWE has come to terms on the release of Kurt Angle, Rusev (Miroslav Barnyashev), Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Zack Ryder (Matthew Cardona), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), Rowan (Joseph Ruud), Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe), No Way Jose (Levis Valenzuela), Mike Chioda, Mike Kanellis (Mike Bennett), Maria Kanellis, EC3 (Michael Hutter), Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt), Lio Rush (Lionel Green), Primo (Edwin Colon) and Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.
Deonna Purrazzo also seems to have been released - corroborated by Fightful but has not been mentioned on WWE.com

Performance Center cuts are not usually announced, but Aleksandar Jaksic tweeted that he was released today.

PWInsider reports 9 producers were released . While PWSheet has released a new report that they were only temporarily furloughed, Lance Storm tweeted that he lost his job today.
Billy Kidman
Dave Finlay
Lance Storm
Mike Rotunda
Pat Buck
Sarah Stock
Scott Armstrong
Shane Helms
Shawn Daivari
Writer Andrea Listenberger also tweeted that she was released today.
Dave Meltzer
@davemeltzerWON
This has been such a sad day on so many levels. A lot of good hard working people lost their jobs at the worst time possible. Keep in mind this was in a company with $500 million cash reserves and was still expected without it to turn a significant profit this year.
Holy ****, this is nuts.

Last edited: