• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Kraken

International 12th Man
I sincerely hope he remains champion until the crowds are back in some way, deserves to have a moment in front of them imo

Kraken

International 12th Man
An ex-nrl (league) player from Aus by the name of Daniel Vidot made his debut on smackdown today....and promptly got hammered of course. Only been in the business for maybe 2 years after playing league..so fair play to him

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nia Jax is so ****ing dangerous. Absolutely has shoot heat with me

Gun that Asuka wone, but looks like they're not taking this seriously this yera guven Otis won the men's

Teja.

Global Moderator
Just watched WWF: In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies which was the first PPV after WM 12.

British Bulldog & Owen Hart (w/ Jim Cornette & Clarence Mason) vs. Jake Roberts & Ahmed Johnson: First 5-10 minutes gets wasted on uninteresting snake sheninigans and Cornette passing out. Jake was clearly way past it and Johnson was ******, dangerous worker so the entire face side was terrible. Match had absolutely no flow or momentum. Then, Owen spends several minutes in the ring and almost salvages the match. Terrible finish with Bulldog hitting Jake on the leg with Cornette's tennis racket and Jake convulses like he's been hit with a sledge hammer. Bulldog appears to be putting on a half boston crab but Jake submits even before Bulldog can finish setting up the submission. Really ****** match. 0.5/5.

Intercontinental Title - Goldust (c) (w/ Marlena and random unnamed bodyguard) vs. Ultimate Warrior: First, 5-7 minutes gets spent on entrances. For the next ten minutes, Goldust runs away and hovers near the ramp while the Warrior smokes Marlena's cigar and wearing Goldust's dressing gown while sitting on Marlena's chair in the ring. Goldust comes back to reclaim his possessions and gets clotheslined by the warrior. Goldust runs away again for a countout loss. Absolute disgrace of a segment/match. We're about 40 min into the PPV and don't have a single nice thing to say. Minus 2/5.

Vader (w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Razor Ramon: Considering Razor was on his way out soon and Vader is being built up, I went in expecting a squash but this was surprisingly a really good match. Razor even kicked out of a Vaderbomb early-ish into the match which might have been a mistake. The match was built around Razor trying and coming agonizingly close but failing to execute a Razor'd edge and Vader getting intercepted repeatedly and brutally while trying to give a second Vader Bomb. Some awesome spots apart from the Vader Bomb were a vertical suplex by Razor and a ****ing electric chair on Vader by Razor and a really cool spot where Razor picks up Vader from the top rope in position for the Razor's Edge and then just gasses out due to the weight. Also plenty of stiff-looking clotheslines. Sort of dissapointing end as Vader randomly just sits on the chest of a fallen Razor in the middle of the ring and gets the three count. Really impressive showing by Vader to go for 15 min while bumping like a mother****er and in a very high-pace match. I can't say I've seen someone his weight do anything comparable. 3.75/5.

Tag Team Titles - The Bodydonnas (c) (w/ Sunny) vs. The Godwinns (w/ Hillbilly Jim): Toilet break match. Really can't get interested in this era of tag team wrestling. The bodydonnas win due to some shenanigans involving Sunny, twin magic and a roll-up pin in about 5 min. Meh, at least it was short. 1/5.

WWF Title No Holds Barred Match - Shawn Michaels (c) (w/ Jose Lothario) vs. Diesel: Awesome match and definitely the best Kevin Nash match I've ever seen. Nash knocks out the referee, takes his belt and hangs HBK by the belt on the ropes, HBK uses a boot to attack Nash. Then, the spot of the match which is Nash brutally powerbombing HBK into the announcer table. It looked way way sicker than pretty much every similar announcer spot I've seen before. It was also the main announce table and the announcers did not comment till a few minutes later when they got mikes given to them which really added to the moment. Real eerie ****. Bunch of chair shots in between. Diesel threw a ringside fan to the floor and grabbed his prosthetic leg to attack HBK, HBK reverses to attack him with the prosthetic and superkick for the finish. Incredible match start to finish. I enjoyed it a lot more than WM 12 Ironman main event. 4.5/5

Overall: The first two matches really sucked and also had unenjoyable gimmicks around them but it's hard to get annoyed with a show with a run time of 1 hr 40 min (which is a lot shorter than a currant Raw) which had two awesome matches and ended on a very high note. 7.5/10.