• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
Mania supposedly a 17 match show which is absolute nuts. The company seems to believe recently, longer a match is the more dramatic it is no matter the quality of the workers involved so this making it even more bloated is not a shocking idea. Crazy though, they will still find room for a Taker entrance, some random musical ****wit from 2012 and some crap backstage stuff.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mania supposedly a 17 match show which is absolute nuts. The company seems to believe recently, longer a match is the more dramatic it is no matter the quality of the workers involved so this making it even more bloated is not a shocking idea. Crazy though, they will still find room for a Taker entrance, some random musical ****wit from 2012 and some crap backstage stuff.
PPV length is getting longer because they use viewer hours as a metric of success when discussing the network with shareholders.

Dont think it has much at all to do with "more dramatic"

Niall

International Coach
PPV length is getting longer because they use viewer hours as a metric of success when discussing the network with shareholders.

Dont think it has much at all to do with "more dramatic"
Yeah but it was never this absurdly long. Looking at the non headline matches and plenty of filler,,ladies tag match, Asaka title match, Andre The Giant bollocks, and Raw tag match are not needed. Also got a chance that boring heatless ****s like Lashley and Corbin might get matches. Hope we get some squashes at least. It could go close to 8 hours if its 17 matches.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I like heel Lashley, and even Corbin to an extent but you're right in neither deserving WM matches right now.

I'm actually looking forward to this mania more than I have in years. The Kofi match and the Becky match in particular.

Mike5181

International Captain
Maybe they should make it a 2 day event like New Japan were/are thinking.

They have so many titles now because of the brand split, and women are being pushed harder. They also don't drop their older guys down the card as much as New Japan.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah definitely needs to shift to a two day event imo. Absolutely insane week if they do it though -- basically 3 hour shows every night from Friday to Tuesday

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah they should definitely do a two day event, or maybe two weekend event.

If they had two we could’ve got something like...

Mania 1

Becky vs. Rousey vs. Charlotte
New Day vs. Usos vs. Bar vs. Hardyz - ladder match that ****
Batista vs. HHH
Miz vs. Shane
AJ vs. Orton
Bayley and Sasha vs. Natalya and Beth vs. Nia and Tamina vs. The Iiconics - in a please don’t last more than 11 minutes stipulation
Angle vs. Cena or Gable (not Corbin)
Woman’s battle Royale for #1 contender for Smackdown championship

Mania 2

Kofi vs. DBry
Rollins vs. Lesnar
Ambrose vs. Reigns
Asuka vs. Shayna Baszler
Joe vs. Mysterio vs. Andrade
Lashley vs. Balor
Nese vs. Murphy
The Revival vs. Black and Ricochet vs. Roode and Gable (I guess)
Andre Battle Royale

KO and Drew should probably have matches. Demon Balor vs. Drew could’ve been gun.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If it was a two day event that would just make it two shows of which the majority of matches I would have no interest in seeing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Um... Yeah, I mean, like I said, that's what I plan to do. What I was getting at is the show being 2 days long rather 1 wouldn't make me change my mind.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The state of Kurt Angle

I mean, I know he's physically a wreck and all, but his decline seems to have drastically sped up recently somehow. He's not only not the Kurt Angle of old anymore, but he's not even the Kurt Angle from when he teamed with the Shield.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The state of Kurt Angle

I mean, I know he's physically a wreck and all, but his decline seems to have drastically sped up recently somehow. He's not only not the Kurt Angle of old anymore, but he's not even the Kurt Angle from when he teamed with the Shield.
He dropped the perc addiction and started feeling pain again.

andmark

International Captain
The music performances at Wrestlemania have generated a bad reputation, but Joan Jett is to play this year. The show might be worth a watch after all.

Athlai

Not Terrible
They should’ve done that months ago and always had both belts in this match. Card was way too bloated, and now they’ve done it last minute and made Asuka a total chump. Could’ve been doing Asuka & Naomi tag team for a few months and a mini feud between them, then Asuka to feud with someone post Mania. Super badly handled. It’s like they forgot Smackdown was a thing.

Either that or they were all doing the Kofi storyline, fmd that’s some good times. Usos forfeiting due to shared respect was great. Another quality gauntlet match too.

Slight lol @ Miz beating up 6 security guards all of SANITY and a bunch of other heels. Babyface Miz does seem to be doing a lot better this time round though.