• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I agree. WWE is better watched at home. Indy shows are different though because the wrestlers do a lot of interacting with the audience and you can find interesting people in the audience.
House shows > Home > TV tapings imo.

Not that I would want to go every week or anything, but as a general matter.

The loudest live crowds I have ever been in, in any context, have been WWE crowds. Nothing quite like it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You know, I had been thinking before this match it was a bit disappointing that the IC belt wasn't being defended tonight, or been really present at all since Jericho won it. Sorta crazy how timely his appearances have felt

andmark

International Captain

The loudest live crowds I have ever been in, in any context, have been WWE crowds. Nothing quite like it.
Yeah that sounds about right, although I've not been to a WWE house show to the exception of NXT. TV tapings can be a bit dreary tbh.

andmark

International Captain

Yeah that sounds about right, although I've not been to a WWE house show to the exception of NXT. TV tapings can be a bit dreary tbh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TheUnderboss@TOKSFALE
3m3 minutes ago
.@taiji_ishimori has chosen his tag partner for the junior tag league
Welcome to the club sniper of the skies .@RobbieEagles_

Mike5181

International Captain
You know, I had been thinking before this match it was a bit disappointing that the IC belt wasn't being defended tonight, or been really present at all since Jericho won it. Sorta crazy how timely his appearances have felt
Really feel like they could do better with the IC title than Jericho, tbh.

Spikey

Looks like Gedo has other plans. Zsj vs. Naito, EVIL vs Jericho, leading to Naito vs. Jericho 2 wk?
all through the suzuki program Naito was saying he just wanted his rematch with ZSJ so it's nice that is being sorted

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really feel like they could do better with the IC title than Jericho, tbh.
With blokes like Omega, Ibushi, Okada, Tanahashi, Ishii, Naito and Ospreay it's hard to argue that we could be getting a better wrestler to defend the belt than Jericho. But I can't help but mark out for Jericho appearances and I like him getting the IC belt, maybe just won it too early?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
On the plus side, it looks like Ospreay is moving out of the Junior division. Too much to hope for Ospreay in the g1.
The NEVER belt is Openweight. Both Juniors and Heavyweights can challenge for it.

you've come so far in such a short period of time. tears are rolling down my face. you're so much further ahead than my lazy arse

Shingo could easily challenge Ospreay for the NEVER belt after the Jr Tag Titles tour is done fwiw. i would like that direction (assuming they won't put a rocket on the junior division which would be my preference)
Haha this is all your fault to begin with. I have a lot of free time and 3 screens for my PC, it was the natural conclusion.

TheUnderboss@TOKSFALE
3m3 minutes ago
Ishimori and Eagles is gonna be such a great team. The Jnr tag league will be really good and will actually be quite fresh with a few new faces.

Spikey

TheUnderboss@TOKSFALE
3m3 minutes ago
not really sure about Eagles as a heel but god knows they needed another good wrestler and presumably he can do most tours ala Chase Owens and be a strong hand in the undercard

Spikey

Ishimori and Eagles is gonna be such a great team. The Jnr tag league will be really good and will actually be quite fresh with a few new faces.
I recall last year's Jnr tag league being good too, although I may be misremembering. Everything in the Jnr division is so up in the air and it could go in a really cool direction but it probably won't.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, and I’d include Strowman in this boat (I know he’s only 6’6 or so), but it’s nice to have a big man who seems to have a whole heap of raw talent and charisma. And it’s been great to have so many blokes around to help him develop like Kane and especially Big Show. Reckon wrestling was robbed of a real mega star Big Show/Giant by the poor handling of him in his younger years. A young Giant/Big Show coming through NXT etc. today would be a pretty gun prospect.

Backstage also looks far less like the den of vipers it was in the 90s and early 00s.
I was within touching distance of some of these guys on the weekend

Strowman/Undertaker/Kane are all 6’10” or thereabouts

HHH is roughly 6’4” and Cena 6’2” but enormous through chest and shoulders

Others are short body builders

Athlai

Not Terrible
The NEVER belt is Openweight. Both Juniors and Heavyweights can challenge for it.

Haha this is all your fault to begin with. I have a lot of free time and 3 screens for my PC, it was the natural conclusion.

Isn't Taichi now heavyweight? Was thinking a feud with him would be Ospreay dipping his toes into the heavyweight side of things.

Spikey

Taichi is now a heavyweight but he promised to re-introduce Juniors fighting for the NEVER belt if he won the belt, so it could go either way.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Isn't Taichi now heavyweight? Was thinking a feud with him would be Ospreay dipping his toes into the heavyweight side of things.
He is HW but the belt is Openweight, meaning they can cross-over. Taichi also said when he won that he would bring back the Openweight nature of the belt. If Ospreay wins then I guess there's a chance he's moving to HW, but I don't think him challenging for an Openweight belt means anything.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ah, I knew it was an openweight belt, but didn't know Taichi specifically said he'd challenge juniors. Would be a bit dire if Ospreay isn't heavyweight soonish. Best gaijin in the world that isn't Omega.