• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Block A
Okada, Reigns, Naito, Rollins, Ishii, Samoa Joe, Suzuki, Pentagon Jr., Nakamura
Can't choose between the last spot going to Strowman, Miz or Toru Yano

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Block B
Omega, Cena, Tanahashi, Styles, Mil Muertes, Goto, Elgin, Sami Zayn, Balor, Wyatt

Lesnar is the surprise final boss that comes out after the tournament final.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Elgin would be easily subbed out for KO just think Elgin is better right now.

Ah **** I just remembered that while I hate Suzuki he'd be perfect in this. And probably better at being a Pentagon style psycho than Pentagon.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Khali is one of those special talents that makes everything, even walking down a ramp, look like the most difficult thing in the world. It's impressive.

Bahseph

State Captain
I wouldn't recommend that PPV but the tag match was really good. Xavier Woods is better than he is given credit for in the ring.

Just on a side note, Suzuki genuinely scares me. He is one of the scariest wrestlers I've ever seen and he doesn't have the size to aid him at all.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have been working my way through the 'pipebomb' run of CM Punk in 2011 because I completely missed this era in wrestling. Wish I was around at the time, I would've been a serious Punk mark. Watched the four RAWs pre-Money in the Bank, Money in the Bank, then all the RAWs leading up to Summerslam today (well, just the Punk story segments) and this might be the best thing I've seen from WWE since the late 90's. It might even be better than that.

Niall

International Coach
Have been working my way through the 'pipebomb' run of CM Punk in 2011 because I completely missed this era in wrestling. Wish I was around at the time, I would've been a serious Punk mark. Watched the four RAWs pre-Money in the Bank, Money in the Bank, then all the RAWs leading up to Summerslam today (well, just the Punk story segments) and this might be the best thing I've seen from WWE since the late 90's. It might even be better than that.
It was very good, that match v Punk in Chicago was absolute money. I think the only thing I would however say to knock it was in a perfect world they would have rushed back Punk so quick but I can somewhat understand why they did.

I also would recommend Punk's feud with Jeff in 2009, that was absolute money also.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It was very good, that match v Punk in Chicago was absolute money. I think the only thing I would however say to knock it was in a perfect world they would have rushed back Punk so quick but I can somewhat understand why they did.

I also would recommend Punk's feud with Jeff in 2009, that was absolute money also.
Yeah ideally you'd book that WWE Championship tournament over the month, have the final match be at Summerslam, then have Punk walk out with the new entrance music at the end of Summerslam instead of RAW. Maybe have him appear in random indie shows like RoH or something in that month.

Or longer like this dream scenario

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Again.. two things. One man decided he just had to insert himself into anything hot that goes on in the WWE.. And another decided they needed a Latino champion for their Central American tour.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty much everything Punk did during his entire run was great. He was in a few bad storylines, but he himself was never anything less than stellar. Agree that the Jeff feud was amazing, as was Straight Edge Society. WWE are idiots for wasting him, especially in 2011 after that MitB match.

Undoubtedly the hottest guy in the entire wrestling world after that PPV and his next few ppvs go:

Summerslam: Loses championship to del Rio on cash in
Night of champions: Lost to freaking HHH
Hell in a Cell: Lost a triple threat for the championship and obviously was the one to eat the pin
Vengeance: Lost a tag team match teaming with HHH against Miz and R-Truth. Again, obviously eats the pin.

And after all that crap for months when the hype died down, WWE made him champion and went "IT'S THE SUMMER OF PUNK!" Yeah nah, you screwed it up,

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Smackdown is worthless atm, but to be fair the Raw main event scene is one of the few things the company is getting right. Braun should win at Summerslam, has the momentum and very over. A full time champion would be welcome also, Lesnar really does not need the belt right now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Man, sometimes bad PPVs are worth it for the weekly show that follows. Pretty gun SDL that and next week is awesome.