• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
Women's MITB was decent bar the utterly worthless Tamina involved. The finish was fine, it puts genuine heat on both Carmilla and Ellsworth which is something that is lacking in the company. Men MITB was ok if obvious winner.

Nice to see Maria and Bennett debut, will be solid mid card additions.

indiaholic

International Captain
Your mouth writes checks that your ass can't cash... Man such a wonderful segment and such a good episode. I was sports entertained.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, lol @ "big star" Dean Ambrose being beaten up by a gang of teddy bears, who then reveal themselves to be...two guys who are actually less intimidating than teddy bears.

Seriously though, Miz is gun but this angle stinks. Should be nixed asap.

Also, said it before, but Ambrose needs a big change of direction. The guy is going nowhere and getting there fast.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also, lol @ "big star" Dean Ambrose being beaten up by a gang of teddy bears, who then reveal themselves to be...two guys who are actually less intimidating than teddy bears.

Seriously though, Miz is gun but this angle stinks. Should be nixed asap.

Also, said it before, but Ambrose needs a big change of direction. The guy is going nowhere and getting there fast.
Heel Ambrose vs. Reigns could be a fun feud for the Survivor Series, Royal Rumble section of the year. Great way to keep Reigns from Lesnar too without it feeling ****.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also credit to Titus, whatever it is that he's doing is working. I'm actually interested in Crews and Tozawa on a sports entertainment level.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hasn't dean-miz been going on for literally 6 months now?

G1 Participants
Hiroshi Tanahashi (Taguchi Japan)
Mike Elgin (Taguchi Japan)
Juice Robinson (Taguchi Japan)

Togi Makabe (Unaligned/New Japan Dads)
Satoshi Kojima (Unaligned/New Japan Dads)
Yugi Nagata (Unaligned/New Japan Dads)

Kazuchika Okada (CHAOS)
Hiroki Goto (CHAOS)
Tomohiro Ishii (CHAOS)
Toru Yano (CHAOS)
YOSHI HASHI (CHAOS)

Kenny Omega (Bullet Club)
Bad Luck Fale (Bullet Club)
Tama Tonga (Bullet Club)

Tetsuya Naito (Los Ingobernables de Japon)
SANADA (Los Ingobernables de Japon)
EVIL (Los Ingobernables de Japon)

Minoru Suzuki (Suzukigun)
Zack Sabre Jr (Suzukigun)

Kota Ibushi

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Thoughts on MITB:
  • Carmella via Ellsworth a decent finish IMO. Not sure it's the way to book it when you've really, really built up the whole 'HISTORIC' angle but whatever.
  • Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon tweeting disapproval but not actually doing anything makes them look like nerds. Are you really telling me that neither the Commissioner nor the GM are at a showcase event?
  • Usos making The New Day wait is the right call, but I'm not sure about the retain-via-countout thing just after a dirty finish. I liked the match.
  • Lana can talk. Naomi really can't. Yay.
  • Lana-Naomi happened. That's about it. The Carmella involvement makes sense (use it before DB strips it etc.), while obnoxiously waiting fits the character
  • I really don't know if Maria and Mike Kanellis were overacting the promo part of that intentionally, along with the OTT love angle, or if they're just ****ing ****. Segment made by JBL's one-liner, which tells you all you need to know.
  • Orton-Mahal was a non-event of a match, but told the story well enough (even if the premise was a bit heavy-handed and thin) and involved yet more Orton killing Singh brothers, so gets a tentative thumbs up from me. Randy snapping and it costing him is the only believable way to keep the belt on the Unhindered Jinder.
  • ...surely there's more to this Fashion Files thing than it actually being the Ascension, right? Right?
  • MITB was good. As you'd expect from those 6 in a spotfest. Corbin makes sense, and they better bloody well give us Nakamura-Styles II at WM.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Like, up until the Main Event it was kind of a "well that happened" PPV. Which is annoying, because I've always seen MITB as part of the 'Big 5' alongside the traditional Big 4.

Niall

International Coach
Thoughts on MITB:

• [
  • I really don't know if Maria and Mike Kanellis were overacting the promo part of that intentionally, along with the OTT love angle, or if they're just ****ing ****. Segment made by JBL's one-liner, which tells you all you need to know.
    [.

Overacting to save their life which made it so much fun. These two will be a really entertaining midcard heel duo which is something Smackdown really needs.

Just seen the break up of Enzo and Cass, utterly pointless tbh. Neither have the attributes to draw money as solo performers, Enzo can't work for **** while we have plenty of monster type dudes.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Overacting to save their life which made it so much fun. These two will be a really entertaining midcard heel duo which is something Smackdown really needs.

Just seen the break up of Enzo and Cass, utterly pointless tbh. Neither have the attributes to draw money as solo performers, Enzo can't work for **** while we have plenty of monster type dudes.
Despite enjoying the segment I don't necessarily disagree with you RE: Enzo and Cass. The problem is though, that pointless as splitting them may be, they're pretty pointless as a duo right now anyway (not that this would be especially hard to change, as I don't see what mileage there is left in the Hardys vs Cesaro/Sheamus).

Cass will probs be fine, but like you say, it's not like the E is short on guys like him. Maybe he's going to fill the void that will be left by a Joe face turn. Got to fear for Enzo though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just thought it was weird that Cass' angle was that Enzo was so dumb. bloody hell mate...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf he has been portrayed as mega dumb since... well, ever since he was called up from NXT at least.

In fact in that time he's never really come across as a "certified G" at all. Just a total dweeb who gets manipulated constantly and loses all the time.

I guess he'd actually be quite a sympathetic character (last night notwithstanding) if he wasn't so incredibly annoying.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Genuinely quite a gun theme in some ways. I predict it will be more memorable/better than anything else these two do in the company haha.