• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it makes sense business wise. That place is already sold out, among other things

Spikey

It makes sense. The Cody-Elgin match was to basically set up a title shot. Long Beach is already sold out. Cody-Okada will create some more headlines. It makes sense for the location and timing and everything. Omega-Okada III...in an ideal world, I'm not sure you can have that anywhere other than the Tokyo Dome.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah that does make a lot of sense I guess. Should be interesting to see how good a match Okada can pull out of him.

Cody vs. Elgin - 3.5
Kushida vs. Takahashi - 4.25
Suzuki vs. Goto - 3.25
Naito vs. Tanahashi - 4.5
Omega vs. Okada - 5

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just finished watching the match. That was something else. As a rule I don't like ropes being involved in the way they were after the One-Winged Angel but as far as those kinds of things go it wasn't so egregious. If Omega doesn't go over in their next match then they're doing it wrong, though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also worth noting that besides the towel spot being a little bit awful, how much more of a big deal did this feel with all of Bullet Club at ringside reacting to and selling the final moments of this match?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Does NJPW have English comms on all shows? Might start watching regularly if so.

Also, that Death Valley Driver Omega took onto the apron looked so ****ing painful. I'm not sure how he could even get up after it.

Spikey

It's been increasing over the last two years, but it's still mainly the big shows. Upcoming English commentary will probably be opening day of the G1 (mid July), the final days of the G1 (early August), the PPV in October should have English commentary, and then the 4th of January show.

(there'll also be English commentary on the American shows prior to the G1, because duh)