• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have started getting DSport and it shows ROH. Quite happy about this. How is ROH nowadays?
Lot of upheaval coz WWE is signing anybody they can get their hands onto. PPVs still deliver but weekly show can be a bit hit and miss for a couple of reasons

Mike5181

International Captain
What are you guys looking forward to in the next year or so? I've just been thinking about all of the **** we could potentially see. So far I've got:

Omega vs. Okada II
Omega title reign after that
Naito back in the frame for the World title picture. Gets his win back from the G1.
Wrestle Kingdom 12 will definitely be one if the best cards of all-time
The rest of Joe's program with Lesnar and his main roster run
Styles vs. Nakamura (Wrestlemania next year as well hopefully)
A Styles vs. Zayn PPV match
NXT callups (Asuka, Roode, Strong, Hideo).
Asuka vs. Sasha, Charlotte.
Mae Young Classic. Evie the New Zealander is in it as well as Kairi.
Kairi and Io in the WWE
The Revival on the main roster
Anything Aries and Neville do
Omega moving to WWE next year. Can't be too far away with how he talks about a big match with AJ.
Any big Goto match
More of Kushida, Takahashi, Volador Jr.
Sanada push?
With AJPW supposedly gaining momentum I might start watching their big events.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mixture of the future and catching up

- Dominion on Saturday night
- All things G1
- and everything else NJPW
- PWG Battle of Los Angels. Entrants should be announced soon
- ROH PPVs for the next 6 months, while they still have Ospreay and Scrull contracted, and Kushida is their TV champion (Secondary belt). After that...all the loses have gotta catch up to ROH sooner or later. The actual main event scene is hurting.
- It's pretty hard to get excited by WWE, but seeing how they've got 6 of the top 10 "Most Outstanding Wrestlers" from 2015 (as voted by WON) it'd be nice if one of them outside of AJ put on some great singles matches (Strong, Hero, Rollins, Cesaro, Naka)
-
Suzuki, who came out as Never champion with his belt, eventually won with a Gotch piledriver on home plate. After the match, Takagi challenged Suzuki to a rematch on an uninhabited island.
- Release of Fire Pro Wrestling World
- Finally getting around to starting my Progress watching. Super Strong Style 16 just finished, gonna try to watch that and then backtrack
- I've got a folder of like 100 of the best matches from 2016, and I really wanna get around to watching the stuff I've not seen before, in particular the Dragon Gate, Stardom and All Japan stuff.
- And I've got a heap of Manami Toyota and Mitsuharu Misawa 5 stars matches I gotta watch
- I should probably start watching Melbourne City Wrestling

probably other stuff

Mike5181

International Captain
I'm guessing you've probably seen it, but of the Misawa matches I've seen, which admittedly is only 4-5, this is probably my favourite. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada (03.06.1994)

The other two I remember loving were:
Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - AJPW 09.06.1995
Mitsuharu Misawa Vs. Kenta Kobashi - NOAH 01.03.2003

Haven't seen much of Toyota, so I'll get on that at some point. This is probably the best Women's match I've seen:
Kansai, Ozaki, Suzuki & Fukuoka (JWP) vs Kong, K. Inoue, T. Inoue & Hasegawa (31.07.1993)