• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rollins has lost so much momentum this year. Said back when he returned that it was a mistake not bringing him back as a face immediately. Then they turmed him anyway a while later.

All this for a feud with hhh which isn't even that appealing. What a waste.

OverratedSanity

Remember when Devitt, Low Ki and Ibushi had that triple threat match for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title? For the cruiserweights they should try and replicate something like that for Wrestlemania. Grab the top 3-4 talents and do that. Neville, Gran Metalik. Maybe Aries as well since he'll be a prominent figure in the division when his injury heals.

Actually I want Tozawa in there as well haha. Those four.

I haven't followed NXT in forever but Joe can't be far away from moving up. He'll probably be involved in some capacity.
Joe's debuting at the rumble. I'll eat a shoe if he doesn't.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Remember when Devitt, Low Ki and Ibushi had that triple threat match for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title? For the cruiserweights they should try and replicate something like that for Wrestlemania. Grab the top 3-4 talents and do that. Neville, Gran Metalik. Maybe Aries as well since he'll be a prominent figure in the division when his injury heals.

Actually I want Tozawa in there as well haha. Those four.

I haven't followed NXT in forever but Joe can't be far away from moving up. He'll probably be involved in some capacity.
Ladder match - Miz, Joe, Harper, Ziggler, Ambrose, Kalisto, Corbin

Would be gun

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rollins has lost so much momentum this year. Said back when he returned that it was a mistake not bringing him back as a face immediately. Then they turmed him anyway a while later.

All this for a feud with hhh which isn't even that appealing. What a waste.
I'm still behind the Rollins turn/HHH match. They rolled the dice to have him come back heel to build to a HHH match, I'm okay with that. Could have had Balor as face, Rollins tweener, JeriKo + HHH heels. But then Balor got injured and pushed Rollins from being a tweener into the main event face for Raw.

Reckon it's a pretty good example of why they don't try to plan too far ahead in wrestling. Would have loved to see Rollins finally totally turn face at Wrestlemania and for Balor to start to turn heel around WM.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Are they looking to build towards a Wyatt Vs Orton match at WM and using this recently started feud between Ambrose and the Wyatts to that end? And as a way to keep Ambrose away from Styles at least till Rumble. Maybe have Orton cost Wyatt the Rumble match resulting in Ambrose winning the Rumble and facing Styles in the main event? I can dream, right? :)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are they looking to build towards a Wyatt Vs Orton match at WM and using this recently started feud between Ambrose and the Wyatts to that end? And as a way to keep Ambrose away from Styles at least till Rumble. Maybe have Orton cost Wyatt the Rumble match resulting in Ambrose winning the Rumble and facing Styles in the main event? I can dream, right? :)
Looks like Ambrose vs. Miz is the immediate future. Seems like he's getting beaten down by the Wyatts to make them look strong and to weaken him a bit so he can be the underdog again.

I like the Wyatts Orton thing, I think the worst thing to happen would be Orton turning on Bray and winning.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah but you know it is just a matter of time before Orton turns on Wyatt. But it would be interesting if they switch-bait and make Orton heel against face Wyatt.

Spikey

cool hhh vs seth 380 months after everyone stopped caring. meanwhile in japan

1. TV Anime Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark (aka Kota Ibushi vs ACH)
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Baretta
3. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title, Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs. SANDA, "King of Darkness" EVIL & BUSHI vs. Jado, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale & Hangman Page
4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson
5. ROH World Title: Kyle O`Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

OverratedSanity

I'm still behind the Rollins turn/HHH match. They rolled the dice to have him come back heel to build to a HHH match, I'm okay with that. Could have had Balor as face, Rollins tweener, JeriKo + HHH heels. But then Balor got injured and pushed Rollins from being a tweener into the main event face for Raw.

Reckon it's a pretty good example of why they don't try to plan too far ahead in wrestling. Would have loved to see Rollins finally totally turn face at Wrestlemania and for Balor to start to turn heel around WM.
Yeah, when a heel comes back from an injury/a long layoff, you don't need to turn him in storyline to turn him face at all. Just bring him back, people naturally cheer him... Boom, he's a face. No need for any storyline reasons. But no, we gotta bring him back as a heel, and slowly burn out all the hype of his return and turn him in storyline and make HHH his nemesis, because... people will care more, I guess?

I hate WWE sometimes. When they need to explain stuff in storyline, like why HHH betrayed Rollins, they don't. But when they don't need to explain anything and just bring Rollins back as a babyface, they force a storyline. So ****ing infuriating.

Mike5181

International Captain
cool hhh vs seth 380 months after everyone stopped caring. meanwhile in japan

1. TV Anime Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark (aka Kota Ibushi vs ACH)
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Baretta
3. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title, Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs. SANDA, "King of Darkness" EVIL & BUSHI vs. Jado, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale & Hangman Page
4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson
5. ROH World Title: Kyle O`Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
8. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

I'm all about that Naito.

I'll be very surprised if the last two matches don't push five stars. It's a shame non-anime final form Ibushi isn't there a bit deeper on the card.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, when a heel comes back from an injury/a long layoff, you don't need to turn him in storyline to turn him face at all. Just bring him back, people naturally cheer him... Boom, he's a face. No need for any storyline reasons. But no, we gotta bring him back as a heel, and slowly burn out all the hype of his return and turn him in storyline and make HHH his nemesis, because... people will care more, I guess?

I hate WWE sometimes. When they need to explain stuff in storyline, like why HHH betrayed Rollins, they don't. But when they don't need to explain anything and just bring Rollins back as a babyface, they force a storyline. So ****ing infuriating.
Unless you're a natural babyface in the same vein as a Sami Zayn, a Bayley, or a Becky Lynch, etc. it's incredibly hard to pull that role off. And due to the existence of the Sparkle Crotch creative team and Vince over on RAW I see Rollins' momentum gradually petering out even if he had been brought back as a face. Wouldn't have failed quite to the same degree obviously.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That Smackdown Live Wild card Finals (or whatever they're calling it) was ****ing amazing. Episode of the year, up there with the better PPVS IMO. Corbin looked amazing, the benefits of having AJ Styles and Dolph Ziggler as your dancing partners, but FMD. Edge of my seat for that match.

Mike5181

International Captain
Corbin's fast becoming one of my favourite guys in WWE.

He's got intensity on the mic and he comes across as quite an articulate guy. Some of his stuff on Talking Smack was near Miz levels of awesomeness. He sounds a little bit scripted/unnatural on Smackdown but he's getting better.

That entrance with the dark shadow consuming everything as he walks is cool as ****.

In the ring he has good mannerisms and presence + he's got a pretty cool moveset. Historically, 6' 5"+ guys have never been my cup of tea in the ring but he seems to go alright for me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cena's promo on SD this week was quite heelish I thought. Will look forward to seeing where this goes.

Surely they can't take the strap off AJ and put it on Cena at the Rumble though. I mean, I know it's Cena, but AJ is the hottest thing in Pro Wrestling at the moment, and Cena hasn't been around for months. I know there's a precedent for allowing Cena to waltz back in a win a world title in his return match against a guy who is hot, but ergh, just don't see what it would achieve here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cena's promo on SD this week was quite heelish I thought. Will look forward to seeing where this goes.

Surely they can't take the strap off AJ and put it on Cena at the Rumble though. I mean, I know it's Cena, but AJ is the hottest thing in Pro Wrestling at the moment, and Cena hasn't been around for months. I know there's a precedent for allowing Cena to waltz back in a win a world title in his return match against a guy who is hot, but ergh, just don't see what it would achieve here.
The only reason you'd do it is if the loser (or winner) faces Taker.

Smackdown Mania

Taker vs. AJ/Cena
Cena/AJ vs. Ambrose/Joe
Wyatt vs. Orton
Becky vs. Mickie/Alexa/Nikki
The IC ladder match with Miz, Ziggler, Corbin, Kalisto, Ambrose//Joe, Harper
American Alpha vs. Usos/The Revival

Athlai

Not Terrible
WWE.com best 25 matches of the year - solid list IMO. Agree with those two NXT matches as top two.

The Revival vs. #DIY — 2-out-of-3-Falls NXT Tag Team Championship Match (NXT TakeOver: Toronto)
Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT TakeOver: Dallas)
Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks — WWE Women’s Championship Match (Raw; July 25)
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens (WWE Battleground)
Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander (Cruiserweight Classic; Aug. 10)
AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena — Triple Threat WWE Championship Match (No Mercy)
Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins – No Disqualification WWE Universal Title Match (Raw, Nov. 21)
Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch — Triple Threat WWE Women’s Championship Match (WrestleMania 32)
John Cena vs. AJ Styles (SummerSlam)
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler — Title vs. Career Intercontinental Championship Match (No Mercy)
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa (Cruiserweight Classic, Aug. 3)
Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles — Extreme Rules WWE Championship Match (Extreme Rules)
The Revival vs. American Alpha — NXT Tag Team Championship Match (NXT TakeOver: Dallas)
Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins — WWE Universal Championship Match (SummerSlam)
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair — Hell in a Cell Raw Women’s Championship Match (Hell in a Cell)
The Miz vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens — Fatal 4-Way Intercontinental Championship Match (Extreme Rules)
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins — WWE Championship Match (Money in the Bank)
Dolph Ziggler vs. Triple H (Raw, March 14)
The New Day vs. Y2AJ — WWE Tag Team Championship Match (Raw, March 7)
Asuka vs. Bayley — NXT Women’s Championship Match (NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II)
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles (Fastlane)
Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn vs. Alberto Del Rio — Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Money in the Bank)
The New Day vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson — Raw Tag Team Championship Match (Raw, Sept. 26)
Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman) vs. Team SmackDown LIVE (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Shane McMahon, Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton) — 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match (Survivor Series)
Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose — WWE Championship Match (WWE)