• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Five times one-on-one, plus a dark triple threat cage match also involving Sheamus. And six occasions they were on the opposite side of tag matches (including the No Mercy 2007 main event).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Being the nerd that I am, I can tell you without looking it up that neither Cena nor Taker were on the No Mercy 2007 card at all.

I think Dan is referring to the No Way Out PPV of the same year... :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember they teased Undertaker going after Cena in the lead up to WM23, before Taker eventually settled on Batista. This was around the time the Cena booing was really beginning to kick off, and the reaction Taker got when the gong hit and he he appeared to confront Cena was incredible. The two WM main events for that year still turned out really good, but still... I do wonder what could have been from time to time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, HBK was the replacement for Triple H. So if it had been the original main event they had planned, it may not have gone down as well as it eventually did.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what plans they did have for Shawn if Triple H had been fit for WM 23?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Being the nerd that I am, I can tell you without looking it up that neither Cena nor Taker were on the No Mercy 2007 card at all.

I think Dan is referring to the No Way Out PPV of the same year... :p
Yes, this indeed is the case. Don't trust me to get similar PPV names right well after midnight, I suppose.

EDIT: Why did CW not recognise my use of the space bar for half of this post?

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I remember they teased Undertaker going after Cena in the lead up to WM23, before Taker eventually settled on Batista. This was around the time the Cena booing was really beginning to kick off, and the reaction Taker got when the gong hit and he he appeared to confront Cena was incredible. The two WM main events for that year still turned out really good, but still... I do wonder what could have been from time to time.
When both had undefeated streaks at Mania, is when they should have had the Mania match, would have made so much money its unreal. Such an easy story to write.

Anyway is it true the network is giving those who have not subscribed for four months free months?

Compton

International Debutant
How d'you guys think the Wrestlemania card will play out from here then?

Undertaker (c) v John Cena
Brock Lesnar v Shane McMahon
Triple H v Seth Rollins
Reigns v Ambrose
Jericho v Owens

I reckon that will be the backbone of it. Looks a pretty strong card on the surface of it tbh, although I do agree that Undertaker-Cena doesn't need the title. I think the title would fit better in the Hunter/Rollins feud (Rollins finally overcoming Triple H and proving he was wrong to doubt him etc).

Niall

International Coach
One of the guys at work was saying if you have not subscribed for 4 months, then you get free months if you subscribe again. Is that true? I have not watched in months, so would be tempted to take advantage of such an offer as I am a survivor series mark and the next few months traditionally are normally pretty solid.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Triple H v Seth Rollins
Reigns v Ambrose
Jericho v Owens

I reckon that will be the backbone of it. Looks a pretty strong card on the surface of it tbh, although I do agree that Undertaker-Cena doesn't need the title. I think the title would fit better in the Hunter/Rollins feud (Rollins finally overcoming Triple H and proving he was wrong to doubt him etc).
AJ vs Ellsworth

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
AJ vs Lesnar would be a better fit than Lesnar vs Shane, even if the latter is what it looks like we will get at the moment.

Also have to factor in the fact that I suppose Goldberg might be available. And possibly the Rock as well.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass

Triple H v Seth Rollins
Reigns v Ambrose
Jericho v Owens

Finn Balor is also coming back around Wrestlemania, right? Wonder how they will use him.

Compton

International Debutant
AJ vs Lesnar would be a better fit than Lesnar vs Shane, even if the latter is what it looks like we will get at the moment.
Agreed. But they don't like too long passing without Shane doing something stupid.

It's a certainty that he ends up with a ridiculously dangerous spot with Strowman tomorrow night.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mickle vs. Asuka kind of felt like one of the best performances from the early 2000s woman vs. #newera. Was decent enough. The Asuka entrance with masked fans is ****ing great too.

Undefeated Asuka vs. undefeated at PPV Charlotte at WM would be gun IMO.

Asuka vs. Charlotte
Bayley vs. Sasha (heel)
And maybe like Becky vs. Nikki or something?