• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he literally used the words "slippery slope" so....

i would ban it outside the ring right now, with a look to figuring out how many people have been injured (outside the wwe) using similar moves to work out whether to ban it full stop

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
How the **** do you justify someone kicking out of that?!? Should be instant death, like it was in AJPW in the 90s

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well i guess kendrick is no kenta kobashi
This is true.

To be honest though, I am enjoying this Kings Road-esque "IDGAF what you hit me with I'm not staying down unless you've spent 20 minutes ****ing me up and we're both dead" PPV match structure at the moment. I mean, sure, it undermines the strength of finishers (when was the last time Lesnar won a match with a single F-5? Undertaker with a single Tombstone?), but I kind of like the finisher as a wrestler's preferred way of ending the match -- but one of many potential options -- rather than instant death.

Especially since it means you can book your company's undisputed top babyface to lose but still have her hit her finisher in the match to make the fans happy. Goddamn I nearly cried when Bayley hit that Bayley-to-Belly against Asuka.

It's coming out in the CWC to a degree too -- lots of matches finishing on pretty mundane moves (thinking Gallagher's corner dropkick, Tozawa's deadlift German here), but as a result of the combinations leading up to them and the damage/injuries inflicted within the match.

The only problem with that structure, imo, is that AJPW and the Joshi feds felt the need to create instant death super finishers, and the only thing left was to literally try to break your opponent's neck. Unprotected head drops are not cool. Don't ever go *full* Kings Road.

Roaring Elbow

Cricket Spectator
but it didn't! so all is well!
Not sure what you intend with this, but a slippery slope. Imagine if something dangerous happened in a factory and the boss said, "well nobody got hurt this time, just continue without addressing the matter to ensure the potential is removed".

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
unprotected head drops are disgusting though. no place for them in pro wrestling whatsoever

Spikey

do they really still talk positively about the the fabulous moolah

edit oh my god whoever did all the women stuff tonight should be fired out of a cannon. this was all disgusting & fake & dumb & "we did it" & :ms piggy" & these guys just dont get it do they

Last edited:

Spikey

It's 400 hundred, thank you very much. and did you spot big dave meltzer in the crowd. (Regal hid backstage, like a typical English ****)