• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bit disappointed. flair was glorious, Heenan was glorious. Piper was glorious. But sheeeeesh the quality of brawling was pretty rubbish for most of this.
Only flair is relevant (and Heenan)

It's a five star match imo (not joking)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
CricketWeb 2016 Royal Rumble Pool

1. Manee
2. Niall
3. Spikey
4. duffer
5. Agent TBY
6. Jono
7. sledger
8. duffer
9. Jono
10. Manee
11. Athlai
12. Shri
13. andmark
14. Dan
15. Spikey
16. Shri
17. GIMH
18. sledger
19. andmark
20. OverratedSanity
21. Marcuss
22. Agent TBY
23. Dan
24. Athlai
25. Pratters
26. King Pietersen
27. OverratedSanity
28. King Pietersen
29. Pratters
30. GIMH
Oh great, I get Roman and Tye Dillinger!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit disappointed. flair was glorious, Heenan was glorious. Piper was glorious. But sheeeeesh the quality of brawling was pretty rubbish for most of this.
Admittedly you have to get past that a bit. As an almost hour long piece of in ring storytelling I think it works phenomenally well even today... all the little stories intertwining as well, Savage vs Jake, Flair being pursued by almost everyone, and Hogan didn't win. What's not to love?

OverratedSanity

Also, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but imo the 2010 rumble is brilliant and over the passage of time will be remembered very fondly. First third off it was just Straight Edge society Punk being glorious, then HBK-HHH-Cena facing off, HBK SCMing HHH out of the ring, HBK seemingly losing his shot at a rematch with Taker at WM (setting up that awesome finish at Elimination Chamber), and of course Edge's return. Admittedly, most of the other participants were nobodies but the important stuff was done superbly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but imo the 2010 rumble is brilliant and over the passage of time will be remembered very fondly. First third off it was just Straight Edge society Punk being glorious, then HBK-HHH-Cena facing off, HBK SCMing HHH out of the ring, HBK seemingly losing his shot at a rematch with Taker at WM (setting up that awesome finish at Elimination Chamber), and of course Edge's return. Admittedly, most of the other participants were nobodies but the important stuff was done superbly.
Yeah excellent rumble that

Athlai

Not Terrible
Predictions:

Usos to win over New Day
Becky to win over Charlotte
Kalisto to win over Alberto del Rio
Owens to win over Ambrose

1st pick: Wyatt to win the Rumble
2nd pick: Lesnar
3rd pick: Ambrose

Going with the daring HHH and Reigns won't be about the belt.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Entrants I want:

@2 HHH
@10 Tye Dillenger
@30 a fit Rollins/Balor

@anywhere AJ Styles, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, DBry, super Cesaro
@anywhere that isn't 30 Lesnar and HHH

Spikey

I mean, 2 to through like 6 will probably filled with comedy entries and bad Roman laughing and the Social Outcasts being buried. but I think HHH around that 7-15 area is good. I want Roman screwed out in the middle stages, and not after he's broken the eliminations record. But HHH @ 30 is probably happening. I guess if there's still like 10 people in the ring at that moment it could be ok.
]]

Spikey

New Day over Usos (I hope)
Charlotte over Becky (but I would go with Becky)
Kalisto over Alberto del Rio (please please please)
Ambrose over Owens (With AJ going straight into the IC running)

HHH rumble, I guess.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think New Day need the belt and they're sorta holding back the potential of other heel tag teams like the League of Nations and the Wyatts right now. Would like to see them go for both the tag titles and the U.S. Championship.

A WM ladder match for the tag titles with something like the Usos vs. Harper and Rowan vs. Kofi and Big E vs. Any two of the League of Nations would be decent.

Usos can hold them till then.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think New Day need the belt and they're sorta holding back the potential of other heel tag teams like the League of Nations and the Wyatts right now. Would like to see them go for both the tag titles and the U.S. Championship.

A WM ladder match for the tag titles with something like the Usos vs. Harper and Rowan vs. Kofi and Big E vs. Any two of the League of Nations would be decent.

Usos can hold them till then.
My choices are pretty much all with WM in mind.

Leaving New Day member vs. Kalisto for the U.S. Championships at WM.
The above tag possibilities.
KO vs. either Y2J or Sami Zayn for the IC championship.
Becky vs. one or both of Sasha and Charlotte.

Spikey

Well you're going into a whole problem area of WWE's: the fact that once you're in a tag team, you can not do anything in the singles field. Like, Kofi and Big E have had, what, two singles matches in the past year? Titus is currently doing a singles thing, but only because Cesaro is injured and he got the call to replace him in this stardust feud, which has meant The Prime Time Players are on hiatus. Kalisto is doing a singles thing too, but only because Sin Cera got injured. The Stables (Social Outcasts, Wyatts, League of Nations) have, as far as I know, not really done anything to suggest they're coming for the tag team belts. Obviously the later two are built to support singles wrestlers (Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns), so I guess that means they're not interested in the tag team belts?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah recently for sure but it's hardly always been the case. I think they've shown a lot of faith in the New Day and theyve all but exhausted the current tag team feuds they can have. I think the back up idea if they didn't sign Alberto deal Rio was to give Kofi the U.S. Title when Cena took time off to film that show. I also think prior to Sin Cara getting injured they were going to give Lucha Dragons the tag belt.

I wouldn't be surprised in them doing anything below handing the WWE championship to the New Day.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looking forwards to the rumble but I probably won't watch until Tuesday

Tipping a Lesnar win ftr

Spikey

Prince Puma/Ricochet tweeted out that he had a nice time meeting HHH today. ahhhh hypppppe.
oh it's almost certain they will sign him this time, after their amazing decision to not offer a contract last time. they've signed his house mate and one of his tag team partners in the past year. one more year/season on his LU deal I think.