• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Watched the CM Punk best in the world documentary last night. Really interesting watch. Lots of cool footage from his indy days and interviews with people like Paul Heyman. Really interesting to hear about some of his thoughts about what was going on behind the scenes during his time in WWE too (i.e. nearly being cut several times early on, and how his contract saga a few years back was resolved).

Comes across as a thoughtful sort of guy, but does also seem like a bit of a jerk. Clearly works hard and is passionate about what he does, but has a huge sense of self-importance.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently he's been forced out the door because he failed to make Ric Flair stfu when he was burying Daniel Bryan and talking about TNA at some WWE symposium the other day.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So, John Cena is returning early (no doubt because ratings have been really low in recent weeks), just two months after triceps surgery. The guy is an absolute machine.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That was awesome as well, quite interested to see where this goes. His character is well overdue a revamp.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lol @ Batista winning the Royal Rumble and the crowd erupting into a chrous of boos and "No!" chants.

Can't believe the E didn't even put Daniel Bryan in the match, he is crazy over atm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reminds me of Luger and Hart in 94 when the crowd clearly didn't want a bar of Luger winning.

I still love you Lex :wub:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Punk leaving really stinks, on a variety of levels. He and Bryan were pretty much the only interesting things in the WWE for mine.

IMO Punk's attitude on the whole is pretty questionable most of the time, he gives me the distinct impression that he's a "we do it my way or I'll whinge and sulk" type character. But on this occasion I'd probably back what he's done. He's apparently been working through huge amounts of pain and putting his body through all sorts of stress for a while now, week in and week out. For him to do that and then see people like Batista and Lesnar walk back into the company whenever they want and just be given main event matches at the biggest show of the year must really stick in the throat.

Hope he takes some time off to heal up and returns to the ring at some point down the line. Would be interesting to see if he rejoins ROH at some point. Punk vs Styles would be ITSTL.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not convinced Punk going is legit but we shall see I guess

Never had Goughy down as a wrestling fan