• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

smash84

The Tiger King
The umpiring has been terrible today. And the ****ty team that Pakistan is these days we need these decisions to go in our favor. Kallis, Smith, Alviro, all getting lives. Bloody umpires.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
The umpiring has been terrible today. And the ****ty team that Pakistan is these days we need these decisions to go in our favor. Kallis, Smith, Alviro, all getting lives. Bloody umpires.
That LBW for Smith early on and then the edge for Peterson was brutal.

Last edited:

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Disagree Kallis got a life if your meaning the sweep shot incident. Didn't hit the glove and nothing conclusive that it got a top edge on the way through. Hotspot would of been handy though. I'd say Smith was the more lucky one. He survived something like 3 LBW calls in his innings that all could of gone the other way.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Disagree Kallis got a life if your meaning the sweep shot incident. Didn't hit the glove and nothing conclusive that it got a top edge on the way through. Hotspot would of been handy though. I'd say Smith was the more lucky one. He survived something like 3 LBW calls in his innings that all could of gone the other way.

I was talking about the Peterson edge off of Gul which was quite clear.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeh the Peterson edge was easily the worst of the day. There's no arguing that Pakistan have got the rough end of it so far.

Xuhaib

International Coach
when Aus had their period of dominance all the marginal descisions went their way funny how such things go your way when you are playing and the luck deserts you when you are ****e all round.

smash84

The Tiger King
when Aus had their period of dominance all the marginal descisions went their way funny how such things go your way when you are playing and the luck deserts you when you are ****e all round.
True that. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing that post.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Alviro's really done well as an opener....

Why is he not in the ODI side ahead of someone like David Miller?
:unsure:
Because Virus bats top 3 and Miller is a finisher/lower order batsman.

Great day for South Africa. Only caught the fag end of play but there seemed to be a far bit of assistance for the seamers and some turn.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Harro needs to do something, either get out or have a swing. Botha would have a been choice as night-watchman.

smash84

The Tiger King
29 ball duck. Reminds me of the huge number of balls played ducks by Pak batsmen earlier in the year. Wow Gul has taken 3 wickets this morning

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gul is amazing, don't rate him that much but he really does leave it all on the field. Chucks his heart at the other team.

smash84

The Tiger King
Gul is amazing, don't rate him that much but he really does leave it all on the field. Chucks his heart at the other team.
yeah especially when you consider that Shoiab might be a real chucker and the two A's are busy chucking money in their bank accounts.