• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai

Xuhaib

International Coach
You use a comment posted by an internet warrior who could well be 8 and used it as an excuse to degrade an entire nation you are no less of a tool then him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, KingKallis (and anyone else for that matter) please don't make generalisations about entire countries based on individuals - it's something that is very much likely to offend people and take threads away from what we want to be talking about. Even if that wasn't quite your intent, we do ask that people err on the side of considerate caution in such things.

No need for anyone else to respond to KK's comments there either, beyond what I've said here.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
There are so many pure lozers on the internet that publish such dire stuff its not even funny.

And let me clarify that its not just Muslims, there are people from so many other faiths or backgrounds who would go to ridiculous levels of stupidity to show their faith as the superior one.

I have personally seen so many videos which are simply hate speeches against others. But i don't post them nor do i indulge in an argument over them because they are not worth it.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I still have no idea why Fawad plays ODIs and T20s but not Tests. It's probably the most puzzling thing in world cricket, aside from the fact that Johnson takes wickets.

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
Well the minute i saw Imran farhat in the team, i said to myself.. there is no way, we will win the match.. and at the end I was proven right.. Fawad and Wahab did their best to give pakistan a chance but too many deliveries were wasted by Farhat..

the sad part is that we won't see him being dropped though.. i have a feeling that he made his place in WC with that innings.. Sefarish still rules pakistan and he has so many of them that could keep him playing for years and years..

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah, KingKallis (and anyone else for that matter) please don't make generalisations about entire countries based on individuals - it's something that is very much likely to offend people and take threads away from what we want to be talking about. Even if that wasn't quite your intent, we do ask that people err on the side of considerate caution in such things.

No need for anyone else to respond to KK's comments there either, beyond what I've said here.
I apologize man!

I was just commenting to that nerd who posted it there and others who supported him.

Faisal1985

Actually i might support that idea. But the openers need to be aggressive in that case....i would prefer opening with Razzaq and Hafeez in that case or Afridi and Hafeez....Farhat, Hafeez and Alam in a row during the first Power Play is going to be a disaster.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umar Amin from what little I saw of him in England looked better to me than Alam.

Faisal1985

Umar Amin from what little I saw of him in England looked better to me than Alam.

I think Alam is much better in tests...his style of batting suites tests...its just that he has never been given a proper run.

Amin and Azhar are good prospects but not at the expense of Alam.

Farhat should be the first one to be dropped. Alam should take over as an opener where he scored a 168 against SL on debut.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Lopsy is out injured with back spasms. Big blow, he was doing a good impression of Nathan Bracken. Parnell would be the logical choice to slot in for Lopsy but Steyn is scheduled to return for today’s game and neither Rusty nor Morne warrant the axe. Smith back as well, don’t think Botha did himself much favours for future ODI captain with his performances in the past two games.

Last two ODIs will be played on the same surface as the other night, a wicket which was pretty awful.

vcs

I haven't seen enough of Alam TBH, too early to be making comparisons. :p

He looks scratchy everytime I've watched him, which was only in ODIs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I haven't seen enough of Alam TBH, too early to be making comparisons. :p

He looks scratchy everytime I've watched him, which was only in ODIs.
Alam always looks scratchy, but always scores runs. Has huge averages in every format and every level he's played at; can fall behind in terms of strike rate in limited overs cricket though.

It wasn't so much that you didn't rate him though, but that you said Amin looked better in England. I've seldom seen a batsman look so far out of his depth and he averaged 12 on that tour.

vcs

I still really liked the guy for some reason. I admit he was crap.