• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm surprised there's been next to no calls for axing Rogers in this thread. I suppose there's not really a prime candidate to replace him, but that hasn't stopped the calls to axe Lyon.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm surprised there's been next to no calls for axing Rogers in this thread. I suppose there's not really a prime candidate to replace him, but that hasn't stopped the calls to axe Lyon.
when maxwell is your number three it's hard for rogers to be the scapegoat.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it's down to the sense that the batting, whilst poor, hasn't actually been that relevant this series. You can bat okay and still be completely hammered if you're giving away 80 a wicket. Scoreboard pressure has accounted for much of the average batting, more than the conditions IMO.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has anyone called to axe Lyon in this thread?

Genuine question btw.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
it's assumed that once rogers goes he'll be replaced by hughes and no one has any faith in hughes performing any better than rogers in these conditions

flibbertyjibber

I think they will try and keep him till after the ashes as he showed last year he was a good option in English conditions. Warner struggled and I presume Hughes is next in line unless Watson goes back to open so not much competition.

Burgey

I don't really think anyone expected Rogers to excel in these conditions did they? Mind you, he's a test opener and you're enrolled to at least expect something regardless.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's down to the sense that the batting, whilst poor, hasn't actually been that relevant this series. You can bat okay and still be completely hammered if you're giving away 80 a wicket. Scoreboard pressure has accounted for much of the average batting, more than the conditions IMO.
I think he means it in the "no real replacement" sense. If not Lyon, who? SoK didn't cover himself in glory here, and all the other guys we've tried have failed. It'd be a Hail Mary to a random domestic spinner (probably Muirhead or Boyce), or sticking with Lyon.

uvelocity

International Coach
it gives me great comfort to see so many nations represented amongst posters attempting to put the boot into australia during one of our rare poor showings, the butthurt is everlasting

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Guess you don't watch much cricket then huh... Cairn's having a sister die in a train accident and having people like the Waugh brothers make Choo Choo noises when he walked out to bat, Tresco copping **** about his own stress related illnesses, Harmison being mercilessly taunted about being homesick, etcetera.
This is bull****, even Cairns has said so. There were dickheads in the crowd making train noises, but the Aussie players themselves never said anything about Cairns' sister. Stop stirring ****.

Spikey

I don't really think anyone expected Rogers to excel in these conditions did they? Mind you, he's a test opener and you're enrolled to at least expect something regardless.
well also, lyon is the spinner. you kinda expect to average better than 140

Burgey

This is bull****, even Cairns has said so. There were dickheads in the crowd making train noises, but the Aussie players themselves never said anything about Cairns' sister. Stop stirring ****.
Chris Cairns told Blocky it was true when they shared a cell before Cairns' arraignment.