• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Razzaq has been in cruise mode for ages his bowling is non existent while he comes off with the bat once in every 5 games and most important thing he is not going to be there for the next WC, have big hopes from Hammad hope he gets a proper run.
Neither will be Misbah. He turns 37 next month. Chances of Dartman, Tanvir Ahmed and Aizaz Cheema also making it to the 2015 are slim to zero. Razzaq is still a special player and Pak can get a few more years out of. He will be back anyway, so it's no big deal.

salman85

International Debutant
Razzaq will definitely be back.This is the 100th time (atleast) he's been discarded from the side,only to come back again.

shivfan

Banned
Oh FFS, Sammy? Any team with Sammy as captain is terrible.

Squad looks weak. Anyway just looking forward to the test series.
Yeah, Sammy is looking more and more like a passenger with every game....

Remember, this is jsut the 20/20 squad. There will be a different squad for the ODIs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Neither will be Misbah. He turns 37 next month. Chances of Dartman, Tanvir Ahmed and Aizaz Cheema also making it to the 2015 are slim to zero. Razzaq is still a special player and Pak can get a few more years out of. He will be back anyway, so it's no big deal.
Misbah is averaging 53 since his return and with no Mo Yo and Younis you need one senior head in the m/o.Selection of Dartman, Tanvir and Cheema gives a strong message to domestic performers that anybody that is performing in First class is considered for selection and all these guys are available for tests selection unlike Razzaq who plays just limited overs format now.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah, Sammy is looking more and more like a passenger with every game....

Remember, this is jsut the 20/20 squad. There will be a different squad for the ODIs.
I can live with that. Sammy is a fair choice in t20s. But I bet he would be in the ODI & Test sides as well.

shivfan

Banned
I can live with that. Sammy is a fair choice in t20s. But I bet he would be in the ODI & Test sides as well.
Yeah, I know Sammy will be there too....

My second point was just that the ODI squad will be 'stronger' than this experimental 20/20 squad.

amyswan

Cricket Spectator
Wow, loads of new names. Younis Khan gone too. Dropping Kamran Akmal I find it hard to argue with, though I'm surprised Adnan doesn't even make the reserves. After all, he is the current Test keeper.

Razzaq and Younis I will miss more but they weren't justifying their places, so if they were to be dropped it'd be now. Razzaq wasn't bowling well enough to hold onto a place at #8, so if he doesn't feature in plans to move up the order it makes sense for him to go.

What happened to Umar Gul? Is he injured or rested?
Umar is interested in spending time with his family.. sounds ridiculous to me. i guess he's hiding something as rest of the players are back after a long tour but they are going to West Indies now. Even Afridi's father is sick but he's still joining the team.

salman85

International Debutant
Hardly surprising.

Anyway,Aizaz Cheema out.Sadaf Hussain In.Like i've mentioned,i know Aizaz Cheema personally after playing tape ball cricket with him during my teenage years.Aizaz was removed on fitness grounds,and according to him,a fitness test was never conducted.Nor was he called up to the academy to have a bowl to show how fit he was.This is the 3rd time he's been snubbed.In 2009 during the T20 WC,the choice came down to him and Amir,and he was discarded.In this ODI WC,the choice came down to him and Junaid Khan,and he was snubbed,and now this time he's snubbed for Sadaf Hussain.Obviously i'm dissapointed since it would have been awesome to have one of the neighborhood boys in the national team,but in all honesty,because of his age,he never had a long term future in the team.Sadaf Hussain looks much more promising.Has a brilliant FC record.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Hardly surprising.

Anyway,Aizaz Cheema out.Sadaf Hussain In.Like i've mentioned,i know Aizaz Cheema personally after playing tape ball cricket with him during my teenage years.Aizaz was removed on fitness grounds,and according to him,a fitness test was never conducted.Nor was he called up to the academy to have a bowl to show how fit he was.This is the 3rd time he's been snubbed.In 2009 during the T20 WC,the choice came down to him and Amir,and he was discarded.In this ODI WC,the choice came down to him and Junaid Khan,and he was snubbed,and now this time he's snubbed for Sadaf Hussain.Obviously i'm dissapointed since it would have been awesome to have one of the neighborhood boys in the national team,but in all honesty,because of his age,he never had a long term future in the team.Sadaf Hussain looks much more promising.Has a brilliant FC record.
Salman, please pass on my heartfelt condolence to Aziz Cheema. It's disgusting that the PCB has snubbed him so many times despite having a great domestic career.

Xuhaib

International Coach
very Zaher Khan like action though seems short of pace best of luck to him but apart from Asif I don't ever remember a line and length merchant ever having a fruitful career for Pakistan.

As for Aizaz feel sorry for him comes across as a whole hearted cricketer but whenever I have seen him he does not look international standard.

salman85

International Debutant
Salman, please pass on my heartfelt condolence to Aziz Cheema. It's disgusting that the PCB has snubbed him so many times despite having a great domestic career.
I know.sucks.He started his career pretty late though,after finishing education etc.Shows you that you need to have contacts to get in.Like i've said,the age factor also plays against him,along with not having any contacts with the PCB highups.

Found a load of Sadaf Hussain clips here. Some great inswingers in there.
Sadaf has a lot of potential.When Amir got banned,a friend and i started searching cricinfo for a possible replacement,and we were both massively impressed by Sadaf.So now we take a lot of pride in 'discovering' him :cool:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aamer came across as a once in a generation talent the selections of all these young left armers show the selectors are desperate to discover another Aamer would be very surprised if these Junaid's and Sadaf's are half as good as him.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While Cheema missing out looks like a bad thing on paper, Hussain's the better cricketer and is 10 years younger too.

salman85

International Debutant
Aamer came across as a once in a generation talent the selections of all these young left armers show the selectors are desperate to discover another Aamer would be very surprised if these Junaid's and Sadaf's are half as good as him.
The selectors are certainly not desperate to unearth a new Amir.Pakistan has a history of bringing in young fast bowlers even before Amir,so that would not be the motive behind selecting Junaid and Sadaf.But yes i agree,you won't find a bowler like Amir every other day so expecting Sadaf and Junaid to be as good as him won't be appropriate.But they are both young.Let's see.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah.....i feel junaid deserves a few chances......looks decent tbh.........

Wahab Riaz is looking good......needs to bowl his yorker more often I think

salman85

International Debutant
I can't recall a team having such a dominant left arm pace attack.Or was there one?I remember Srilanka had an abundance of left handers in their side during the late 1990s early 2000s,but i don't think they played with 3 pacers.They played with 2 if i recall correctly.