• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I think its the seamers that can get Lankans to victory, Malinga was superb today, also he contributed a very valuable 15 runs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it just me or is this game producing some very sub-standard batting? Even in the first game Sri Lanka could only muster 201 after their 50 overs. This ODI leaves alot to be desired on the batting front.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ever thought it might be that the pitches aren't the usual flat batting paradises that ODIs seem to attract?

For me this game is a far more interesting one than the one last Sunday.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
I dont subscribe to ARY Digital but between about 8.30am and 9am I was able to watch it and I knew it would cut off at some point but it is a very interesting match. Its still too close to call

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My apologies, I did not know what the pitches were doing. Still on a good bowling wicket batsmen should probably bat a bit better than they have been.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
PY said:
Not bad having Akmal coming in 6 down. :blink:
On paper, providing Shoaib comes back, there's no reason Pakistan shouldn't be the best ODI team in the world. Obviously what's on paper doesn't matter, but its ridiculous that you can have Akmal coming in at 8.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Jono said:
On paper, providing Shoaib comes back, there's no reason Pakistan shouldn't be the best ODI team in the world. Obviously what's on paper doesn't matter, but its ridiculous that you can have Akmal coming in at 8.
I get what you're saying but I dont see Pakistan close to being the World Best ODI team.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Razzaq playing a little gem of an innings.. and lankans need to cut down on their extras.. it plays a major role, especially in a low scoring games..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Paks have won by four wickets, nice regard action by Razzaq. By God this was a tricky wicket to make runs on, credit to Sri Lanka especially Tillakaratne Dilshan for posting a pretty respectable total considering how difficult the wicket was to bat on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Top stuff by Razzaq, but how much did it help that they had a genuine batsman coming in at 8. Amazing.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Congrats to Pak for winning the match, all credit to Razzaq and Akmal for playing brilliant knocks.

One thing is sorted out, Akmal should ALWAYS bat down the order rather than open the innings.And i would say again, Akmal and Afridi shouldn't open for Pakistan, its about time Pakistan should do something about their opening pair which is becomming a joke.I think Butt/Farhat should open with Younis Khan.Younis Khan would provide the much needed stability up the order .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Younis should open. My best Pakistan ODI XI:

Butt
Younis Khan
Malik
Inzy
Yousuf
Akmal
Razzaq
Afridi
Rana/Gul/Other pace bowler
Akhtar
Asif

Obviously the order can be adjusted providing the situation, such as sending Razzaq or Afridi higher than Akmal if the top order have set a massive platform with only 6-8 overs left. I really like that bowling line-up, particularly with Asif looking like he's going to be a star.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
alternative said:
Pakistan wins by 4 wickets.. Razzaq for me deserves the MOTM
Razzaq by far the MOTM. 2-19 bowling and a match winning batting display.Above his batting average for ODIs and as I have said before. If they top thier average then they have done well

Xuhaib

International Coach
Asif figures look decent at best for this sort of track.

Was he bowling much better then those figures ?