• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

BeardofAmla

Cricket Spectator
Faf du Plessis, the South Africa batsman, has been appointed full-time Twenty20 captain, beginning with the matches against Pakistan, after AB de Villiers requested to stand down from the role. The development means South Africa will have a different captain for each format, with Graeme Smith leading the Test side, de Villiers the ODI team and du Plessis the T20 side.

Du Plessis had filled in for de Villiers during the T20 series against New Zealand at home as well, after de Villiers cited the need for rest because of his workload, which includes wicketkeeping.

ODI squad: AB de Villiers (capt), Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Faf du Plessis, Colin Ingram, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan McLaren, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Robin Peterson, Aaron Phangiso, Graeme Smith, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe.

Twenty20 squad: Faf du Plessis (capt), Kyle Abbott, Farhaan Behardien, Henry Davids, Quinton de Kock, AB de Villiers, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan McLaren, David Miller, Chris Morris, Justin Ontong, Robbie Peterson, Aaron Phangiso, Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Pakistan will win Odi series.

Briony

International Debutant
de Kock is unlucky to miss out on the Odis when the awful Ingram gets a gig. Lack of adventure in their selection. And Ontong is still magically hanging around,.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
de Kock is unlucky to miss out on the Odis when the awful Ingram gets a gig. Lack of adventure in their selection. And Ontong is still magically hanging around,.
I would have liked to have seen de Kock instead of Ingram or Behardien too but I can understand only playing Quinton in the T20s for now. He seemed a bit rash in the ODIs against NZ.

Also, I wanted Morris in the squad in the absence of Kallis. Surely Morris is a better all-round option going forward than McLaren.

Smith
Amla
Ingram
AB
du Plessis
Miller
McLaren
Peterson
Steyn/Morkel
Kleinveldt
Tsotsobe

I'd imagine that's the line-up we'll field. Doesn't look great tbh.

ProteasFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Kallis injured his calf in the optional practise session. Abbot making his debut. SA won the toss and will bat first.

ProteasFan

Batsmen injured and they bring in a bowler?

You sure they won't bring Rudolph in instead?
yep, it's confirmed.

I assume that Faf will bat at 4.

looks like a nice straight shoot out for the resereve seamer position between Abbot and Kleinfeldt.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So is the new guy any good?

Says medium pace on cricinfo, interesting choice if he is only that quick when you already have philander at a similar pace in the side.

ProteasFan

So is the new guy any good?

Says medium pace on cricinfo, interesting choice if he is only that quick when you already have philander at a similar pace in the side.
He has put his hand during our 4 day season. was the leading wicket taker ( averaged 15). So his call up is well deserved IMO.

All you can ask of your domestic players is to perform at franchise level and he has done that. Glad to see that the selectors are rewarding good performances from domestic cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Batsmen injured and they bring in a bowler?

You sure they won't bring Rudolph in instead?
South Africa couldn’t call up a replacement batsman as there is no franchise cricket occurring in the area. If the Lions (Jo’Burg) were playing at home tonight, then one of their guys could make the short trip up and play, most likely de Kock but the Lions are in Natal and the Titans (Pretoria franchise) in Eastern Province.

They could have gone and called up Stephen Cook, he is currently playing amateur cricket with Gauteng at the Wanderers against Rory Kleinveldt's brother but that would be really left field.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
South Africa couldn’t call up a replacement batsman as there is no franchise cricket occurring in the area. If the Lions (Jo’Burg) were playing at home tonight, then one of their guys could make the short trip up and play, most likely de Kock but the Lions are in Natal and the Titans (Pretoria franchise) in Eastern Province.

They could have gone and called up Stephen Cook, he is currently playing amateur cricket with Gauteng at the Wanderers against Rory Kleinveldt's brother but that would be really left field.

You sure their brothers?

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Corrected, cousins.

Ahh thought so. But yeah, no real chance for a batsmen to be called in, so hopefully Faf and Elgar can step up to the mark, Dean a lot more than Faf. Being a Natal boy, i am glad Abbott is in the team, been on fire in the domestic side of things. Oh how I can't wait till JP comes back, what a top 7 that would be.

Edit: Wicket...:(