• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Holy smokes, just woke up and saw the score, was this a beating or what .... :wacko: .

Have a feeling Pakistan will come back strong, however.

Dravid

International Captain
:laugh: I watched like 1 hr of the south african innings and fell asleep. Can't believe I missed this

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa are such a brilliant ODI outfit, once they play to potential they really can run Australia neck & neck. Too bad they aren't fully picking their best players.

haroon510

International 12th Man
did afridi hit a spectator with a bat? i went to sleep right after i saw the big total in the score board. with presence of nitini and pollock it is hard to crose 300 for teams.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I saw the match and was utterly dissapointed by Inzamam captaincy. First of all he doesnt have a clue on how to make use of the power-plays. I could understand why he used his second power straight after the 10 overs, but when SA reached the target of 86/0 why did he go on to use the last one and brought Naved into the attack who was never gonna he left alone by smith.

Secondly when he knew the fast bowlers were smacked all around the park, why the hell didnt he bring the spinners much much earlier????

And thirdly when Jacque Kallis and Prince were new at the crease why did he have the field on the boundry, is it to allow the new batsman to settle in????

shortpitched713

International Captain
A truly devastating loss here. No silver linging either, unless you count Shoaib Malik's return and batting. I guess Afridi bowled well, but the spectator thing sounds ominous.

Well done to SA though, Kallis, Boucher, et. al were spectacular.

Fusion

Global Moderator
A truly devastating loss here. No silver linging either, unless you count Shoaib Malik's return and batting. I guess Afridi bowled well, but the spectator thing sounds ominous.

Well done to SA though, Kallis, Boucher, et. al were spectacular.
Yup, what a massive thrashing. You'd have to think Pakistan have nowhere to go but up from here. I hope. Didn't watch the game so I'm not sure what happened with Afridi. Just what we need, another controversy. Oh well, time to forget this one and start getting ready for game 2.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
What on earth will the Pakistan team be?.I would drop Razzaq TBH as I think he really hasn't done anything of note in the one day game in the last year and his bowling seems to get worse and worse and his batting is very much hit and miss.
My Pakistan X1 for 2nd game

1)Mohammed Hafeez
2)Yasir Hameed
3)Younis Khan
4)Mohammed Yousuf
5)Inzamam ul-Haq
6)Shoaib Malik
7)Shahid Afridi
8)Kamran Akmal
9)Rana Naved-ul Hasan
10)Abdur Rehman
11)Mohammed Asif

Seems wierd going in with only 2 seamers but SA batsmen love pace on the ball and I thought Afridi and Malik bowled quite well and Rehman deserves a game ahead of Sami who is utterly hopeless at international level.Naved just keeps his place as I think he's a much better one day bowler than Sami even though Rana went for millions today.

Bowling Options
1)Mohammed Asif
2)Rana Naved ul-Hasan
3)Abdur Rehman
4)Shahid Afridi
5)Shoaib Malik
6)Mohammed Hafeez

godofcricket

State 12th Man
A truly devastating loss here. No silver linging either, unless you count Shoaib Malik's return and batting.
Well that Malik innings was nothing special....though the good thing can be that he got some batting practise and had the taste of the pitch, but in the end there wasnt any pressure or meaning to the game, so he just had to go throught the overs on a flat track, even sami got 46. But i am happy that hopefully with this innings he might be able to deliver some goods next match.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
What on earth will the Pakistan team be?.I would drop Razzaq TBH as I think he really hasn't done anything of note in the one day game in the last year and his bowling seems to get worse and worse and his batting is very much hit and miss.
My Pakistan X1 for 2nd game

1)Mohammed Hafeez
2)Yasir Hameed
3)Younis Khan
4)Mohammed Yousuf
5)Inzamam ul-Haq
6)Shoaib Malik
7)Shahid Afridi
8)Kamran Akmal
9)Rana Naved-ul Hasan
10)Abdur Rehman
11)Mohammed Asif
Well i would never drop Razzaq at this moment, theres no question that he is probably best All-rounder at the moment. It was really unfortunate for him that he was brought into the attack when they were always gonna go after the bowling.But u cant drop razzaq for sure.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i would never drop Razzaq at this moment, theres no question that he is probably best All-rounder at the moment. It was really unfortunate for him that he was brought into the attack when they were always gonna go after the bowling.But u cant drop razzaq for sure.
Why not?.His bowling is very average and his batting can be good but alot of the time it isn't.It's sad to see but he's turned into a very average all-rounder after having alot of promise.Surely his place is under a bit of threat as he is not getting runs at 7 or 8 and isn't really trusted with bowling.I mean he was the 7th bowler used.That's how much faith Inzamam has in him at the moment.

Beleg

International Regular
His bowling is very average and his batting can be good but alot of the time it isn't.It's sad to see but he's turned into a very average all-rounder after having alot of promise.
The sentence proves that you haven't really watched/followed Razzaq's career.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Razzaq is pretty much undroppable as far as ODIs go. He is the perfect man to have out there batting at the death, though his bowling has gone downhill quite a bit.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Why not?.His bowling is very average and his batting can be good but alot of the time it isn't.It's sad to see but he's turned into a very average all-rounder after having alot of promise.Surely his place is under a bit of threat as he is not getting runs at 7 or 8 and isn't really trusted with bowling.I mean he was the 7th bowler used.That's how much faith Inzamam has in him at the moment.
Yeah maybe we can all have a say about Razzaqs bowling, but u have to understand why he didnt bowl before the spinners, the fast bowlers were getting hamered and razzaq needed some practice after coming back from a break, and unfortunetly for him there wasnt any suitable time. Now if we leave aside the bowling part which i am sure he will be okay with, his batting is the most explosive in the pakistani line-up, he is the only batsman (alongside afridi) who can take our team score from 175 in 40 overs to 280 in 50. You cannot imagine leaving out a player like him and inzamam will not make that mistake.