• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Brilliant catch really. Even Pakistan played as well as South Africa did, Pakistan would lose the match because the wide gap in quality of fielding between the two teams would ultimately be the deciding factor.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive said many times that I dont like ODIs and that I really dont see the point of Afridi. However, how funny would it be if he hit the 1st ever ODI 200 and won the game for Pak. :p

pakster

U19 12th Man
Surely would have made more sense to leave the hitters to the end...yes, Hindsight = 20-20...Monumental innings from Inzi required.

Beleg

International Regular
^

Not really. Pakistan needed someone to play a Smith at the top of the order. Otherwise they stood no chance.

pakster

U19 12th Man
^

Not really. Pakistan needed someone to play a Smith at the top of the order. Otherwise they stood no chance.
Pakistans actual batsmen are the key here...the all-rounders can pick up the leftovers at the end..wow, wishful thinking eh.

Pakistan 220 ao

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surely would have made more sense to leave the hitters to the end...yes, Hindsight = 20-20...Monumental innings from Inzi required.
I think the promotion of Akmal and Afridi was a good idea... in fact I would have opened with Afridi. You still have Razzaq to come in at the end and ala Boucher, and you have Younis, Yousuf and Inzy to set the platform for him between now and about the 40 over mark. Malik is still in the mix too.

Huge total to chase, but the batting is still strong and, despite the departure of Akmal and Afridi, Pakistan still have some punch left.