• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Farhat is dire. He will never be test standard. Salman Butt on the other hand....

*I reserve the right to let anyone dig this up when Farhat becomes test highest runscorer*

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Farhat is dire. He will never be test standard. Salman Butt on the other hand....

*I reserve the right to let anyone dig this up when Farhat becomes test highest runscorer*
Butt has been out of form for quite a while now. If anyone is to replace Farhat as an opener it should be Hameed at this point.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Just read in cricinfo: Pakistan (probable) 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Imran Farhat, 3 Yasir Hameed, 4 Younis Khan, 5 Mohammad Yousuf, 6 Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), 7 Kamran Akmal (wk), 8 Shoaib Akhtar, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Danish Kaneria, 11 Mohammad Asif.

This is some team :cool: .....i cant wait to see how Asif, Akhtar and Gul go along against the SA batting line-up.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I know **** all about Pakistani cricket but this is for me

1) Farhat
2) Hameed
3) Younis
4) Yousuf
5) Inzamam
6 ) Kamal
7) Akmal
8) Rana
9) Akhtar
10) Kaneria
11) Asif

Beleg

International Regular
godofcricket,

awesome wasim videos. :) Donald and Akram made watching cricket in the 90's worthwhile.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Does nobody think that Akhtar is going to be incredibly un-match fit? Has he even had a 1st class game of late?

Of course, having put those words down on the record, there's the equally likely Akhtar scenario of he'll take a hattrick bowling at ridiculous speeds and make me look like a rather silly billy.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just read in cricinfo: Pakistan (probable) 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Imran Farhat, 3 Yasir Hameed, 4 Younis Khan, 5 Mohammad Yousuf, 6 Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), 7 Kamran Akmal (wk), 8 Shoaib Akhtar, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Danish Kaneria, 11 Mohammad Asif.

This is some team :cool: .....i cant wait to see how Asif, Akhtar and Gul go along against the SA batting line-up.
Imran Farhat aside yes but is Umar Gul 100% fit? Shoaib from all reports is pretty rusty and Asif come day five of the test was dead on his feet. Wouldn't be the most sensible decision from the selectors if they went into a test match and question marks remained over three of their four bowlers. However, they need to win and they have no chance with out them. Big gamble with the World Cup only weeks away but who knows they may roll up tomorrow and take apart South Africa's batting line up.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Imran Farhat aside yes but is Umar Gul 100% fit? Shoaib from all reports is pretty rusty and Asif come day five of the test was dead on his feet. Wouldn't be the most sensible decision from the selectors if they went into a test match and question marks remained over three of their four bowlers. However, they need to win and they have no chance with out them. Big gamble with the World Cup only weeks away but who knows they may roll up tomorrow and take apart South Africa's batting line up.
I know there are some question marks, but i am also sure that they cant just play a test match without being match fit, can they? I know for sure asif is fit, he made a comeback after some time so obviously it might take him a match or two to get himself rolling.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Poor Kamal suffers yet again for no good reason.
definately, the bloke IMO should definately be in the top 6. Before the England series in 2005 when Raza was preferred to him, then Iqbal etc recently, really I can't see why since he's easily the next best **** bat after the BIG trio.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Come on Shoaib, fire up!

Going to have a great night of sport with Safin vs. Roddick at the Aus Open and Shoaib and Asif bowling.

Can't say the same for Aus vs. Eng :dry:

Or can I? :ph34r:

Last edited: